Troubles with new sundance 3400qb

Chuft

Seems like it's almost a game to see how much stuff is wrong with this thing, or poorly constructed.... Will post some pics see what you think, but most was nothing to cause worry.... Got home today tho from a 4hr drive with the 5th wheel, most of which was 4 lane or interstate, and just by glancing around found one of my spring bolts has no nut on it and was almost through the rear hanger? Nice to know I can count on the assembly of my rig... It frustrating, as u can imagine. But what would happen if that kind of stuff happened to my truck? Couple other issues at hand..... Paint peeled off the nose behind one of their stickers, not a lot but part of it is bubbled up also, weather stripping sliding down for the rear slide out, easy fix I know, glass in cabinet above sofa shattered when I closed it, checked the other panels and the tabs that bend around to secure it in place are not around the glass on bottom but bent in before the glass?.., after I got it home and was cleaning it up I noticed the cutout for the wheels doesn't line up with the wheels themselves so the wheel had rubbed the trim piece causing it to turn out... I'm sure I will remember more and post
And the shabby caulking job, I think I'll be cleaning that stuff off the slide outs forever, it's smeared on the weatherstripping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 89

danemayer

noticed the cutout for the wheels doesn't line up with the wheels themselves so the wheel had rubbed the trim piece causing it to turn out
In the picture of the spring hanger, the Correct Track cam looks like it's slipped away from the alignment bracket, which would have let the axle get out of position. That might be the cause of the alignment problem with the fender. If you aren't sure about how the cam was previously positioned, you may have to measure distance between axles and pinbox to get it back into proper position.

Chuft

The bolt has pulled out because there is no nut or washer on the backside and its on the opposite side of the wheel well alignment issue

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The bolt has pulled out because there is no nut or washer on the backside and its on the opposite side of the wheel well alignment issue

That maybe, but if one side moves that will throw the other side off also. When moving down the road it will be worse.

Chuft

I've heard they are junk but was hoping that since 90% of my camping is less than an hour away they should hold up for a while?