Shower drain piece

Has anyone replaced the little, very thin metal screen in their shower? It's so flimsy that it bends if your heel or toe end up pushing down on it. If you have, what did you replace it with and where did you get it?

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi urbangirl211,

I pull ours out every few months to fish out the hair that builds up underneath it. But it never seemed all that flimsy.

You might be able to get one from Heartland Parts. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might be able to find that piece at Menards or Home Depot.
Take the current screen along.

Peace
Dave

Hi urbangirl211,

I pull ours out every few months to fish out the hair that builds up underneath it. But it never seemed all that flimsy.

You might be able to get one from Heartland Parts. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

That's a good idea. I'll do that. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

You might be able to find that piece at Menards or Home Depot.
Take the current screen along.

Peace
Dave

I did check our local RV, but they didn't have anything like that. They had ones more like in the kitchen sink. But thank you!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That's a good idea. I'll do that. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I did check our local RV, but they didn't have anything like that. They had ones more like in the kitchen sink. But thank you!

Walmart has a white plastic thing (replacement shower drain cap) for around $2 that looks like an upside down hat that is designed to work in a home shower (hangs in the same aisle as mops & brooms and other cleaning supplies).

I've been thinking about getting one for the house . . . and trying one in the camper.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hair-Catcher-White/36883564

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
JohnD - I bought the one from Walmart and its too big for the small drain area. Maybe a larger Wallyworld might have smaller shower drain covers but our local doesn't and neither did home depot. Guess living in a small town has some disadvantages.

- - - Updated - - -

JohnD - I bought the one from Walmart and its too big for the small drain area. Maybe a larger Wallyworld might have smaller shower drain covers but our local doesn't and neither did home depot. Guess living in a small town has some disadvantages.

jllburns

We bought a replacement at Lowe's. Our original one was very flimsy too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I just got home from Lowe's two minutes ago . . . forgot to look for one of those while I was there. DOH!

I did buy some screws to mount our toilet paper holder in the trailer . . . plus I needed some weed whacker string!