Clone II - 2016 Cyclone 4100

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
Newest addition to Clone II is a 'desk', for want of a better word. Used another piece of walnut and turned it into another flat surface in the garage. It sit's between the patio door and the seat. Works great as a computer work table, and also as a bar when entertaining.
IMG_1590.jpg

PALTeam

Spent several hours going through cable stuff trying to get the park cable to come through. Knew the park cable worked cuz Ed (park employee) brought over a TV and hooked it up direct. Spent lotsa time trying different connecters in the UDC; there are five (5), count 'em FIVE inputs in the UDC. And the sticker on the door only shows three (3). Long story short, got out the multimeter and a long jumper and tested cables between the UDC and the Weinguard Sensorpro in the closet. Finally found the right cable (it's the fifth input, down lower in the UDC); then found there was a short in that cable. Pulled the connector out of the wall in the UDC, and the short was visible in the connector - shield wires were touching the inner wire. Replaced the connector - have cable! Real hot out today, and of course I cut a finger, so I have blood, sweat and beers in this project.
IMG_1599.jpgIMG_1600.jpg

Sniper

Spent several hours going through cable stuff trying to get the park cable to come through. Knew the park cable worked cuz Ed (park employee) brought over a TV and hooked it up direct. Spent lotsa time trying different connecters in the UDC; there are five (5), count 'em FIVE inputs in the UDC. And the sticker on the door only shows three (3). Long story short, got out the multimeter and a long jumper and tested cables between the UDC and the Weinguard Sensorpro in the closet. Finally found the right cable (it's the fifth input, down lower in the UDC); then found there was a short in that cable. Pulled the connector out of the wall in the UDC, and the short was visible in the connector - shield wires were touching the inner wire. Replaced the connector - have cable! Real hot out today, and of course I cut a finger, so I have blood, sweat and beers in this project.
View attachment 45698View attachment 45699
And if your luck is anything like mine, I'm sure it was the very last one you hook it to as well. :p

jbeletti

Newest addition to Clone II is a 'desk', for want of a better word. Used another piece of walnut and turned it into another flat surface in the garage. It sit's between the patio door and the seat. Works great as a computer work table, and also as a bar when entertaining.
View attachment 45697

That desk does night duty as a real nice bar :) Thanks for happy hour and dinner last night!

PALTeam

Actually I lucked out, it was the first (of five possibles). That don't happen very often!

And if your luck is anything like mine, I'm sure it was the very last one you hook it to as well. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome; glad you enjoyed. We sure did.

That desk does night duty as a real nice bar :) Thanks for happy hour and dinner last night!

PALTeam

The latest mod to Clone II is Morryde's IS and disk brakes. Been thinking about it long and hard, did the research, and decided to go for it. No, it's not inexpensive, but on the test drive I noticed an immediate difference. At the first red light the rig stopped in a remarkably controlled manner and with a lot more 'authority'. Driving over the first set of train tracks, a triple, the Cyclone just seemed to 'float' over them.

Since then I towed the rig home, just over 100 miles, on I80, I69 and about five miles on city streets to home. I firmly believe that the Clone now rides better than my truck! Every bridge transition, every patch or seam proved that IS works, and works well.

And the disk brakes? I used to have the trailer brake control gain set at max, and now it's down to 6.

The Morryde experience itself was amazing! Every person we encountered was personable and professional. Our installer took the time to make sure we knew what he would do to our rig. He started with a thorough measurement of the height of the rig, hooked up and ready to go. (Found out we're actually 13' 5", a couple inches taller than we thought.) We took a plant tour and the manufacturing techniques and the 'robustness' of the IS and disk brakes material were impressive. It took 2 1/2 days to do the tri axle makeover, but I got to stay in the Clone at night. Warning, if you're a light sleeper this may not be for you as it's a 24 hour operation with lots of noise, and the installers start work at 0600. I'm not a light sleeper, but I was usually awakened at 0400 when the fork lifts started moving around. It was worth the lost sleep as I got to see the process from start to finish. It's a heck of an investment in an already significant investment, and seeing the care they took, and the professionalism of the crew was comforting. During the day there was a nice lounge, and Morryde bought lunch ;-)

We're planning a three thousand mile trip starting mid April, will post more after that. Hopefully I'll still be a very happy camper.

PALTeam

Latest update on Clone II concerns the Anderson valve. Noticed that on City the fresh water tank was still filling. Stopped by Tiara and they said they replace the cartridge pretty frequently. Pulled the old one and there were two O-rings that were broken; new cartridge fixed the problem. Now the Anderson valve works a lot easier than it ever did.

pcardoza

We had the Anderson Valve fail on our 2015 Cyclone in the first 6 months. Replacement has been all good so far,

Latest update on Clone II concerns the Anderson valve. Noticed that on City the fresh water tank was still filling. Stopped by Tiara and they said they replace the cartridge pretty frequently. Pulled the old one and there were two O-rings that were broken; new cartridge fixed the problem. Now the Anderson valve works a lot easier than it ever did.

PALTeam

Latest upgrade to Clone II is 'uppy-downy' blinds (Pam's terminology, means they can be lowered from the top and/or raised from the bottom). We changed out all the blinds in the bedroom, and the large one in the main slide out. The bedroom blinds are also 'black out', meaning outside lights don't spoil sleeping.

Pam ordered the blinds from http://bestblindsfortwayne.com/index.htm. Tami came to our summertime parking spot and made the measurements there.

We save a few $$ by installing them ourselves. The first small blind took 1 1/2 hours, but the second only took 15 minutes, the third, larger blind in the bedroom took about 20 minutes. The large blind in the salon took about an hour, but only because I unfastened and moved all the couch sections; I wanted to see how they were installed and we wanted to clean behind and under them.

The first two pictures show the uppy-downy blinds in the bedroom; the third pictures shows the large blind in the big slide out, and the last shows blinds fully closed in the bedroom at about 3:00 pm on a bright, sunny day. Pam is about 8' away from me. Seriously!
IMG_2217.jpgIMG_2218.jpgIMG_2215.jpgIMG_2219.jpg