Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Feedback is Needed regarding the future of Heartland Highlights

1. Print this Post   #1
    Director of Owners Interests, Heartland RVs jbeletti's Avatar

Your Feedback is Needed regarding the future of Heartland Highlights

As most Heartland Owners Club members know, each quarter, the newsletter, Heartland Highlights, all about club happenings across North America is published (link to sub-forum of newsletters). More recently, we opened up Heartland Highlights so all Heartland Owners Forum members could read it without being a Club member.

Deb Bylinski was our very first Newsletter Editor. Deb did a great job defining, editing and producing our first evolution of newsletters. A couple years later, Deb passed the torch to Erika Dorsey. Over the next 3 years, Erika took the newsletter to the next level. And now the time has come for Erika to pass the torch. Thank you Erika and Deb for all you've done for the club!

As we look ahead, we want to hear from our readers about how they feel about Heartland Highlights and how useful it may be to them. Can you spare a few moments to give us your feedback?

Your feedback is important to the Heartland Owners Club. Please take this short, 9-question survey (SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED) about the Heartland Highlights newsletter.

Thank you!

-------------------------

Below is a list of what the survey questions were. Special thank you goes out to Rod and Kelly Ditrich for coming up with the initial survey questions - thanks guys!

1. Did you know that Club headquarters publishes a quarterly newsletter?
    Yes - No

2. Have you ever read the Heartland Highlights newsletter?
    Yes - No

3. How often do you read the Heartland Highlights newsletter?Never - Rarely - Occasionally - All of them

4. Would you like to see the Heartland Highlights newsletter continue?
    Yes - No - Doesn't matter to me

5. How many editions of the Heartland Highlights newsletter would you like to see each year (there are presently 4 editions)?
    4 times per year (quarterly - as is done now) - 3 times per year (tri-annually) - 2 times per year (bi-annually) - 1 time per year (annually) - Doesn't matter to me - Other (please specify)

6. Please rate these Heartland Highlights newsletter topics in order of importance to you (1 = most important and 17 being of least important) (optional)
    Heartland RV Executive updates (Heartland RVs President and VP of Sales)
    Club Membership Facts & Statistics
    Club President (Jim Beletti) Update
    Club Manager (Julie Hancock) Update
    Tech Tips
    Safety Tips
    Member Spotlight
    Upcoming Rally Advertisements
    Recent Past Rally Wrap Up Reports
    Region Reports
    Chapter Reports
    Rally Potluck Recipes
    Heartland RV’s Financial Information
    Heartland RV’s Product/Brand Advertisements and Updates
    Traveling with Pets
    Moderator Message
    User & Troubleshooting Guides

7. What other topics you would like to see in the Heartland Highlights newsletter? (optional)

8. How satisfied have you been with the length (number of pages) of the Heartland Highlights newsletter?Just Right - Too Long - Too Short - Doesn't matter to me

9. What do you think about publishing the Heartland Highlights newsletter in a different way. By that, we mean, some other format. Perhaps an online blog that does not require downloading / can't be downloaded/printed?Yes to a blog-style format - No to a blog-style format - Doesn't matter to me - Other (please specify another format)
    Last edited by jbeletti; 08-06-2015 at 08:29 PM.
    Jim Beletti

Index of my Sundance 262 RB Modifications

Club membership is free and it's easy to join. Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Your Feedback is Needed regarding the future of Heartland Highlights

We've received 80+ surveys so far. Thank you and please keep them coming!

I also received feedback that question 6 that asks you to rank the items of the newsletter is a bit difficult to complete. Those who stick with it hae been able to do it though. Sorry that item is a pain but thanks again to all who have completed the survey. It's really great feedback that helps us determine the direction of the newsletter.
    Jim Beletti

3. Print this Post   #3

Survey Results!

We crested the 100+ mark last night. I had to close the survey as I used the free version of Survey Monkey and it only allows me to "see" the first 100 responses. Beyond that, I have to pay to see the rest, so no need to take more responses that I can't see.

This survey is now closed. Thank you to all who responded!

Here's a summary of the responses:

Results from the first 100 respondents to the Heartland Highlights newsletter survey

• 83% know that there is a Club newsletter
    • 84% have read Heartland Highlights
    • 67% read every club newsletter
    • 90% would like to see the newsletter continue
    • 69% would like to see the issue frequency remain at 4 times per year
    • 49% feel the length of the newsletter at around 40 pages is just right, while 19% feel itís too long and 31% feel it doesnít matter to them what the length is
    • 47% say it doesnít matter to them, what style the newsletter is published in (PDF, blog etc) while 34% said they do not favor a blog-style and 19% said they would favor a blog-style

Newsletter topics suggested were:

• Publish 3rd party product discounts
    • RV shopping/trading/buying tips
    • Recall information
    • Forum usage tips
    • Spotlight campgrounds
    • Spotlight destinations
    • Unique RV modifications done by owners
    • RV park ratings/reviews
    • Warranty claim trend statistics (to help the owners gauge Heartland sincerity/commitment to building better products)
    • Spotlight new floor plans
    Last edited by jbeletti; 08-06-2015 at 08:33 PM.
    Jim Beletti

4. Print this Post   #4
    Moved on to the next thing... JohnD's Avatar

I am a former newspaper man . . . will respond later!
    Yuma AZ

Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page
    -------No Prowler Needed To Join! ^ CLICK HERE! ^

----Where my Heartland's have been:

5. Print this Post   #5

I just started reading so I don't have an opinion yet. Well Maybe..... I don't know. should I have an opinion??

2019 F450 6.7L Power Stroke 4x4, 450HP 935lb-ft Torque 4.30 gears
    2019 37MDQS Pinnacle
    Sold: 2015 3650BH Gateway
    Sold: 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l
    Sold: 2015 RAM 3500 4x4 DRW, 6.7 l /AISIN Trans (865 lb-ft) 4.10 gears / Auto Level

6. Print this Post   #6

If anyone missed responding to the survey before we hit the max of 100 responses and had to close it, feel free post here in this thread, your feelings and thoughts about the future of what the newsletter should be. See post 1 for the survey questions and post # 3 for survey responses.
    Jim Beletti

7. Print this Post   #7

I think the newsletter currently being published is in a great format. Having it as a PDF allows us to read and save the issues for reference if needed. I enjoy reading and contributing to it. The only difference I would make is to make it easier to find. Quarterly and 40 pages is spot on.
    Rallies:
    2015 - Spring Kickoff Rally Lancaster PA, National Rally Goshen IN, Northeast Reagional Rally Copake NY, New York Rally Verona NY.
    2016 - Spring Kickoff Rally Lancaster PA, Pennsylvania Rally Mifflinburg PA, Ontario Rally Sherkston ON, Maryland Rally College Park MD, New York Rally Lake George NY, National Rally Las Vegas NV.
    2017 - Spring Kickoff Rally Gettysburg PA, Maryland Rally Whaleyville MD.
    2018 - Northeast Regional Rally Millsboro DE.

Cyclone 4200 Modifications begin here

8. Print this Post   #8

1. Did you know that Club headquarters publishes a quarterly newsletter?Yes 2. Have you ever read the Heartland Highlights newsletter?Yes3. How often do you read the Heartland Highlights newsletter?Never - All of them4. Would you like to see the Heartland Highlights newsletter continue? Yes5. How many editions of the Heartland Highlights newsletter would you like to see each year (there are presently 4 editions)?3 or 4 times per is great.6. Please rate these Heartland Highlights newsletter topics in order of importance to you (1 = most important and 17 being of least important) (optional)Heartland RV Executive updates (Heartland RVs President and VP of Sales)Club Membership Facts & Statistics 12 although current data makes no sense, I know there are many registered in SD but statistics show none.Club President (Jim Beletti) Update 4Club Manager (Julie Hancock) Update. 15Tech Tips. 1Safety Tips. 5Member Spotlight. 12Upcoming Rally Advertisements. 10Recent Past Rally Wrap Up Reports 9Region Reports. 14Chapter Reports 13Rally Potluck Recipes 12Heartland RVís Financial Information 8Heartland RVís Product/Brand Advertisements and Updates 7Traveling with Pets 6Moderator MessageUser & Troubleshooting Guides 5[B]7. What other topics you would like to see in the Heartland Highlights newsletter? Summery of warranty claim statistics, more technical user advise, company trends and changes to improve product quality/reliability and consumer satisfaction.DRV is now part of Heartland branded products. Why aren't they and other recent acquisitions included in rallies and in product brand contact info, etc??[B]8. How satisfied have you been with the length (number of pages) of the Heartland Highlights newsletter?Doesn't matter to me - needs to be long enough to relate useful information to owners.9. What do you think about publishing the Heartland Highlights newsletter in a different way. By that, we mean, some other format. Perhaps an online blog that does not require downloading / can't be downloaded/printed? PDF is by far the best because we can easily save it on our own devices and refer back to them. Can also search each for information.
    Mike, Debbie and Sandi (our lively Poodle)

3670RL Bighorn pulled by a Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax

9. Print this Post   #9

I have to be honest and admit that I do not read them all. Kind of browse and see if there is anything I want to read. We are not big on attending rallies, however, the main rally is on our list of things to do sometime when we do not have other plans. Would like more how to articles on fixing problems that occur. I personally think that the newsletter is too long--just saying. You do do a great job on it regardless.
    NYS Rally at Lake George--2nd rally attended
    NYS Rally at Bath, NY--1st rally attended

10. Print this Post   #10
    Moved on to the next thing... JohnD's Avatar

I enjoy the newsletter . . .

I don't always read it when it first comes out, but I do scan through it and read what I find interesting!

In the new one that just came out I'm glad to see an article about the Heartland Trail Runner and Prowler lines . . .

These are both exceptional RV brands (I know . . . have owned both) that don't seem to get enough mention around here!

TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg ProwlerAtMountaindale2015-P1000145.jpg
    Yuma AZ

Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page
    -------No Prowler Needed To Join! ^ CLICK HERE! ^

----Where my Heartland's have been:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast