Project LM 365

jbeletti

This is correct. My Anderson valve is always in the CITY position even when dry camping. Without a water connection we can draw water from the FW tank by turning on the pump without changing positions on the Anderson valve.
The only time I change the valve position is when I fill the FW tank then I return it to CITY.
So that said, I would agree with Dan. A pump failure would fill the FW tank...

I recently spoke to the inventor of this product - Dale Tripp. He confirmed for me that when switched to Normal (use tank) and when water pressure is present at the City water inlet, the valve will draw water from the City hookup. This is the opposite of what you're saying but is the same thing in reverse.

It's a real flexible valve but that flexibility an be confusing as well.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Jerrod, once again your interesting Project LM365 thread has helped me. I have always just carried 10-15 gallons in the FW for emergency stops. Last week I noticed the FW sensor showed 2/3 full. This sensor has been the only one that worked properly so I think I must be filling FW without intending. I drained down to one light couple of nights ago and will watch over next few days. I'll be watching here for tips on diagnosis and repair.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks guy's I'll do more testing before I replace it.
But I know with my valve set on CITY it will pump the initial bit of water in the lines then just start pumping air until I turn the valve to Normal

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Thanks guy's I'll do more testing before I replace it.
But I know with my valve set on CITY it will pump the initial bit of water in the lines then just start pumping air until I turn the valve to Normal

Jerrod,

I don't remember all your mods. Have you changed anything on the water system? Filters, manifolds, tees?

Kathi-27

Jerrod on your underside latter storage box. could you give me the size of your box please. width and length and height. thank you for some great mod info

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You bet ..... I was going to run out and get it for you, when I remembered it not here. I thought I had posted it but can't find it so I'll have to get back to you on this.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well after doing some bench testing with the new Anderson valve, and looking at the pictures of my plumbing (rigs not here) I've determined that the pump should be pumping water from the tank eaven when set on CITY. Maybe it is sucking air or something. I'll do more troubleshooting when it gets home.
Thanks guy's for you help
a0930b0adb0fa8096011bcc719e241f6.jpg

8d6a2f02aaca99bc71aeacd0d4b21c54.jpg

553d4f0e8fdf381c3a87b615b9477f27.jpg
47426a9d84122764ce04425ee37fee75.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I recently spoke to the inventor of this product - Dale Tripp. He confirmed for me that when switched to Normal (use tank) and when water pressure is present at the City water inlet, the valve will draw water from the City hookup. This is the opposite of what you're saying but is the same thing in reverse.

It's a real flexible valve but that flexibility an be confusing as well.

I might try that next weekend in Lancaster.
Early on I was always changing the valve to NORMAL after unhooking the water hose so the DW had water until we left the site. Somewhere on this forum I read water would flow through the pump from the FW tank on the CITY setting so now it stays on CITY continually as I posted earlier.

davebennington

Replaced the off door slide gear set today. Not a difficult job however it is time consuming. Found what caused the gear to fail and strip the teeth off the gear. the Teflon pads needed a shim placed under them to keep the rail from rising up and breaking the teeth off the gear. It seems to work better now then it did when we picked the trailer up.

dave

jbeletti

Replaced the off door slide gear set today. Not a difficult job however it is time consuming. Found what caused the gear to fail and strip the teeth off the gear. the Teflon pads needed a shim placed under them to keep the rail from rising up and breaking the teeth off the gear. It seems to work better now then it did when we picked the trailer up.

dave

Dave - perhaps you can post a pic of the pads you refer to

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes by my findings just leaving it on CITY should do both.

Also if I were the install a one-way check valve to stop the water from pushing back through the pump like it could be. As Jim B. said I should install it here
4ea19356e7c84bbea4c1c8a0c0fb97cd.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

So for my next test I will disconnect the white water pump hose off of the back of the Anderson valve and turn the city water on and see if I'm getting water out of the valve or the pump.
363f41242eb7cc93735cfd3e7f941603.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

dave
Dave just picked the rig up she back home now. I looked at mine and my kitchen slide has 2 of those on each rail one on each side of the channel and has the white rollers. But my living room slide has 1 on top in the middle like yours and has the black rollers.
74ed3171e9fc9d0f0fdf97a897001c8d.jpg
ac0ca64100803d125a92a3dc0061a5da.jpg
c75dac35a52b96c6598de1649016f396.jpg
3db9fbc24ad0b61fa8eb740e28982ce2.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod on your underside latter storage box. could you give me the size of your box please. width and length and height. thank you for some great mod info

My box is 26" wide 56" long and 8.5" tall I used 18gauge sheet metal you could go a bit lighter. Jim B. had suggested doing Rhino Liner I think a lighter gauge steel with the Rhino liner would work well.
I would go 9" tall if you do it. that would push it up against the belly a bit tighter. Any more then that my make it hard the push it up.
Let me know if I can help in any way.
30f2f51f447da403bbeb50b84b5d3918.jpg
3c9cc45c2c67213435d97d5aaf5f0de2.jpg
c057e0079a1a90730c1153c6e4caa963.jpg
f399ebfa9794b68cc0e0b14ab7924914.jpg

e33a9eb4987ddbf9348b99fea7ed3fb3.jpg

Kathi-27

thanks Jerrod for the measurements. making mine with .036 aluminum with aluminum angle around the top 28 w x around 68-69 long. want to have all the space I can get. will have to wait til get hide a spare mounted to figure out how much high I need.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

thanks Jerrod for the measurements. making mine with .036 aluminum with aluminum angle around the top 28 w x around 68-69 long. want to have all the space I can get. will have to wait til get hide a spare mounted to figure out how much high I need.
Are you mounting it on a tire carrier ? If so I think that will be to long to work with that carrier. I'll look at it when I get home and let you know what I think the maximum length can be for it to work.

Kathi-27

yes. ordered a tire carrier with some other things with rv order from the dealer. will wait to hear from you on how long to make it. thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Under there now...
Looks like you could get away with adding 8" or maybe 9" to it without causing any issues
So 64" or 65" max
If you want it to but up to the bottom of the belly and still slide out sideways to drop it down.
6c5a76856d13079f47a848df479560ae.jpg

047f49daf1c764656710df0e93060b76.jpg