Fuel mileage !!!!!

Delaine and Lindy

I guess this should be posted on the Landmark site, however I think it's something for all. We came down to Decatur Ala. to somethings replaced and the carpet on the door side slide cut off some when slide is close it folds the carpet up, seems as if this is something thats not unusual?

What has come to my attention is when towing the Landmark I'm getting better fuel mileage? That is good, since Diesel here is $4.00 a gal. Yesterday on two lane roads and some Interstate the Duramax was gettting between 12 to 12.4 mpg at 60 mph or less. The other 5er we had we got most of the time 10 to 11.5 mpg and that was the 2007 Chevy 3500 DRW's without the new DPF system. I'm thinking maybe its the front cap, anyway we are surprised. Just thought this would make some feel a litte better about the Fuel price which is out of control. :mad: GBY..........

Uncle Rog

D&L, that is great mileage, are you going by the on board computer or hand calculations? I seem to get about a mile less when using the fill up calc's vs the obc....

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Our trip north from Palm Springs to Vancouver we got 12.2 MPG going up I-5 and over the Siskyu pass.
I wish our feul price was $4.00. That is cheap. We are payiong $1.35 per liter in Vancouver today...
Rand

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Sailorand:
WOW!!! With the rate at almost par, that means somewhere over $5 a gal. Think I'll quit whining about our prices, for awhile. The good part is that you are getting great deals at Bellis Fair Mall now, eh?
Fred

Delaine and Lindy

By hand and with the DIC, the 2008 is about the same a tenth more or less. And it also depends on the fuel, seems like using BP Diesel it does better. Was going to change fuel filter for the first but don't want to mess with it now. The other GM Trucks was always better mileage using the DIC??? GBY....

vangoes

Thinking of trading for '08 Ford but hearing bad things about mileage on the new 6.4 engine. What are you seeing in mileage and is it improving after breakin time?

Last edited:

Luckyhat12

I pulled mine from Decatur, AL to gulf shores then out to Dallas, tx and my best tank was 10.2 and the worst tank was 7.4 with those nasty headwinds that we got a few weeks ago. I have a long bed truck and if you look at where the front cap is when I am hooked up it has a long space in between the cab of the truck and the front cap. I know that these are designed to get the most turning radius possible for the short bed trucks but it really puts it far back on a long bed.

http://www.knology.net/~chalbro/images/RV/3.5.08RV%20008.jpg

I have been wondering about putting one of the air wings on the top of the truck but it still is set back real far. I can back under over 90* with this setup so I don't have any cab clearance problems but I do have swirling winds in the bed of the truck. I had a oil change bucket bungee corded in the front of my bed against the tool box and the swirling winds were enough to cause it to flip out of the bed and hang on the side of the truck by the bungee cord. I know that if I have those winds there that is part of my problem.

I either want to look into one of the air wings or maybe even a shorter king pin to pull it closer to the back of the truck. I may have to do both at some point but the swirling winds have caught my attention.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Fres not so much Bellis Fair mall, but DW love Joanne's at Sunset Mall.....
We only managed 40 lbs of fabric from 2 1/2 months south

BluegrassMan

The difference in your towing from your other trailer to your Landmark may be in the tires. My last trailer had 6 tires @ 80lbs pressure and were 285x16 (pickup truck tires) basically. The Landmark's 4 tires are specially made for towing, there's NO tread wrapping around the corner of the tire, and the pressure is 110lbs. so there is less parasitic drag going down the road.

Delaine and Lindy

Bluegrassman I had same tires G614's on the other 5er, and same axles. The Landmark pull real well. Fuel mileage drop and averaged 10.8 to 11 mpg from Decatur Ala. back to Tennessee, guess the better mpg going vs the return trip is because going it was down hill and the returning trip was up hill:D. Oh well Life is Good. GBY.........