2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

VKTalley

Alright, everyone, we are now 1 MONTH away from the National Rally!!!

Sound off time! How are you sewing/non-sewing/crocheting/knitting/buying projects going? Let's make this the best Baby Blessings and Hat & Hugs event ever!
IMG_1054.jpg
Here are my 22 completed Travel 'n' Go bibs, ready for delivery. I will be bagging them after we get to Goshen.

Hey Valerie, still busy knitting a few more hats. All totalled I will have 10 knitted baby blankets and 14 knitted baby hats. It is hard to believe that the rally is soooo close now. Thanks Heather

JJnVA

Great to hear from you, Heather and Val, and sounds like you have really been working your fingers churning out those baby blessings!

I would love to hear from those Heartlanders making chemo caps and shawls....how is it going for our Hats & Hugs project? You don't need to post photos but let us know what you're creating!!

JJnVA

RSVPs for the June 16th Heartland Gives Back Donation Turn-in Luncheon are needed by May 30 so we can order enough lunches! Please let us know soon if you plan to be there to turn in your donations, view what others have made, and hear from the organizations receiving our gifts. The invitation and RSVP form can be found on Post #1 of this thread.

I am excited to see all of your beautiful gifts of handiwork, and even more, the outpouring of blessings that I know all of our Heartland friends will bring to Goshen and Elkhart County to share with those families and cancer patients who truly need them.

JJnVA

Hard to believe Rally time is almost here...We leave 2 weeks from today heading to Goshen for the Pre-rally fun and meeting up with Heartland friends we haven't seen since 2015 Rally.
Excited! And, I will still be crocheting on our long drive to Goshen. Have been working on packaging my gifts this week.

Wanted to send out a reminder to everyone who has been creating gifts for the babies and cancer patients in Elkhart County:
all handmade items should be packaged in sealed, clear plastic bags (to keep clean & for storage). If appropriate for your gift, please write on the bag what the item(s) is, quantity plus washing instructions and your name as a donor are always nice to give.

Last call for RSVPs for the Heartland Gives Back Turn-in Luncheon event on June 16. RSVP form can be found on Post#1 of this thread.
See y'all soon....safe travels! Judi

I am still busy trying to finish everything. We leave on June 1st for our Ontario rally. I still have to package everything still and will continue knitting until we arrive at Goshen. I can't wait to meet everyone and see what everyone donates.

VKTalley

Good evening! We are down to the wire!! Just a little over two weeks until the turn in and Blessings Luncheon. I know several people are already on the road heading towards Goshen. My hubby and I pull out from Alabama on June 6 heading northward. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the awesome items that will be donated!!

Safe travels all y'all!

We leave tomorrow morning for the Ontario rally. From there we are heading to Michigan and then on to Goshen. Looking forward to meeting everyone and to see everything that is being donated to Heartland Baby Blessings! Safe travels to everyone!
Heather

Landee1

"I will be bringing a crocheted blanket and little quilt to the HBB event and would like to sign up for the luncheon.
Dianne Longhenry"

VKTalley

"I will be bringing a crocheted blanket and little quilt to the HBB event and would like to sign up for the luncheon.
Dianne Longhenry"

Hi Dianne!! Bring your items!! I get Judy to get in touch with you about the Luncheon as I'm not familiar with those details. Looking forward to meeting you!

JJnVA

Hi Dianne!! Bring your items!! I get Judy to get in touch with you about the Luncheon as I'm not familiar with those details. Looking forward to meeting you!

Welcome Dianne! The luncheon is Friday June 16 at 12:30. If you will go to post #1 of this thread you can still sign up & I have already added a lunch for you. There will be a flyer in your registration packet when you arrive about the event. Look forward to meeting you. Thank you so much for your warm gifts!

VKTalley

Today's luncheon was great! Our Heartland family came through again with many awesome donations of handmade items, store bought items and cash donations! I'm sure Judi will soon update this thread with all the final counts. The ladies from the two charities who are the recipients of the donations were very appreciative! Thank you to each and everyone one of you who took the time to make items, shop for items, and give!

anjoro

SO very happy to hear how great the luncheon was. Sure wish I could have been there. Hope all the hats I knitted made it there safely. Can't wait to hear about the total numbers donated.

Today's luncheon was great! Our Heartland family came through again with many awesome donations of handmade items, store bought items and cash donations! I'm sure Judi will soon update this thread with all the final counts. The ladies from the two charities who are the recipients of the donations were very appreciative! Thank yo
u to each and everyone one of you who took the time to make items, shop for items, and give![/QUOTE

VKTalley

SO very happy to hear how great the luncheon was. Sure wish I could have been there. Hope all the hats I knitted made it there safely. Can't wait to hear about the total numbers donated.

Today's luncheon was great! Our Heartland family came through again with many awesome donations of handmade items, store bought items and cash donations! I'm sure Judi will soon update this thread with all the final counts. The ladies from the two charities who are the recipients of the donations were very appreciative! Thank yo
u to each and everyone one of you who took the time to make items, shop for items, and give![/QUOTE

I'm sure they did as we had LOTS of awesome hats both for Baby Blessings and for Hat & Hugs! I will get my husband (who took pictures) to post some on this thread.

MCTalley

Here's some pictures for you.

Door prizes of unspeakable value:

i-5tk4FkP-L.jpg

It wouldn't be a proper rally event without food:

i-nK6bTkp-L.jpg

We had a really great turnout:

i-HVz7nFq-L.jpg

This is about 3/4 of the baby blessing items:

i-ktRCN36-L.jpg

Here are all the items donated for the Hats and Hugs:

i-87qfgxR-L.jpg

Several members were asked to show off some of the items that they provided, including these no-sew fleece blankets made by Arin Lippe (on the left):

i-hN7FmKN-L.jpg

The representative (on the right) from the Goshen Center for Cancer Care that the Hats & Hugs donations went to. Speaking in the microphone is one of the cancer survivors helped by the center:

i-P73bQGR-L.jpg

Mary Ann, the director from the Elkhart County Extension Homemakers in Goshen which handle the babies in need program locally:

i-sjhzddm-L.jpg

Earlier in the week, Arin learned to crochet in one of the make-and-take classes. Looks like she's putting her new-found talent to good use for the next baby blessings event in 2019.

i-6gxZXCb-L.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

Great pics Malcolm! Thanks for sharing with everyone.

It was a wonderful experience meeting so many talented people!

Take care
Heather

- - - Updated - - -

Great pics Malcolm! Thanks for sharing with everyone.

It was a wonderful experience meeting so many talented people!

Take care
Heather

JJnVA

Many many thanks to the Heartlanders who gave from their hearts to our Heartland Gives Back initiative at the 2017 Rally. What beautiful blessings you have provided for the babies and families with limited incomes in Elkhart County. 778 handmade and store bought items will be provided to families in need thanks to your generosity, $360 will help the Elkhart County Extension Homemakers purchase fabric to sew blankets and other items as well.
The Heartland Hats & Hugs program presented $1210.00 and 214 shawls, chemo caps and lap blankets to The Goshen Center for Cancer Care to benefit their cancer patients. You all rock for your gifts, the many blessings to uplift the lives of many in Goshen!!
Ann and I cannot thank you enough!