2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

JJnVA

Re: 2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

I have Very good used bibs that we had made awhile ago. Are they acceptable or are only new items requested?

View attachment 50324

They were made by a local lady around us. TZ Burps

How cute the fabric is on these bibs! Gently used, very clean baby items are welcomed! Please package them in ziplock bags to keep them clean. Thanks so much.

- - - Updated - - -

A question has been raised by several HOC members not able to attend the Goshen Rally but wanting to make items for donation to HHH & HBB. Where can you send your donations? As we will be traveling and not in one location long enough, HOC members Randy & Santha Allen have volunteered to receive the items at their home by May 25th, and bring them to the Rally in June. All items should be packaged in storage/ziplock bags to keep them clean until the items are donated to a family or patient. Your gifts and blessings are so appreciated. And thank you Randy & Santha!! :angel:
Mail to:
Randy & Santha Allen
1388 Breezy Circle
Norcross, GA 30093

MCTalley

Val wanted me to post some pictures from the 2015 Goshen Rally's baby blessings event. As you can see, we had quite a few donations.

i-GSJpj2g-L.jpg

i-Wh3j79s-L.jpg

i-xMLK69C-L.jpg

i-fBrsmmb-L.jpg

JJnVA

Wow those are amazing pictures!

Does anyone know if baby hats need to be stored in individual bags.

Thanks
Heather

Heather,
You can store the hats in one big clear bag!!. Please write on the bag what the item is, how many and size, if for infant or older (a variety of sizes can all go in one bag, too).
Thanks for all you are doing for this worthwhile cause!

Judi

JJnVA

Thanks Malcolm for finding the 2015 HBB photos and posting them for those who were not with us in Goshen that year to see the outpouring of baby blessings that happened!
I located the thank you letter we received in 2015 that gives info on what was given and how the items would be distributed along with the cash gifts of $510, so let's work hard to top those 2015 numbers:

" Our Purdue (Elkhart County) Extension office team members were overwhelmed and more than delighted with
your generosity of the almost 800 baby items. Judi Barnett and her team members outdid
themselves on motivating everyone through the year to create, make and donate all the
items at the “Baby Blessing” luncheon. A summary of the items donated: quilts—49,
blankets—236, caps—195, socks/booties—66, clothing—45, wipes/diapers—58,
toys—3, burp cloths/bibs—48, other/misc. items—86.
On top of all these wonderful items the Elkhart County Extension Homemakers received donations
from your Heartland Rally of $510.00. This donation will be used to purchase good
quality flannel fabric. The flannel fabric will be used to sew self-binding blankets by the
Volunteer Community Support committee of the Elkhart County Extension Homemakers.
These blanket will be shared as a part of our community outreach program and your
organization will continue to be recognized as a part. The blankets will be given to infants
and mothers through two hospitals and two birthing centers in Elkhart and LaGrange
counties.
So you may be asking, “How do we use all of your wonderful donated items?” Our Family Nutrition
Program assistants work with several agencies that provide educational programs for
limited income mothers-to-be, infants, toddlers and mothers. Your items are shared when
there is a need, are used sometimes as incentives to attend programs, as drawings in the
“Babe Store” and other ways. The clients earn coupons by attending programs and use
their coupons in the “Babe Store.”
Thanks seem to be inadequate for all that you have blessed our community with in sharing your
talents, time and finances. We look forward to seeing you in 2017 and the Elkhart County
Extension Homemakers have begun to plan something special that they would like to
share with all of you when you are here. Until then, safe travels and many hugs of love to
all of you for all your “Hugs of Love” to babies in Elkhart County."

The Ides of March are upon us! 3 months before we meet in Goshen.....see you there! Judi

VKTalley

To follow up on Judi's note, the misc. items that were donated included child safety items (plug caps, cabinet locks, etc.) and many other baby related items (pacifiers, etc.). Having worked with Baby Blessings for three National Rallys (2013, 2014, 2015), I can honestly say I am wonderfully impressed with the overwhelming support Heartland Owners give to this project and other give back projects.

See everyone in Goshen!

sallybear

Judi.....Roy and I are planning on being there....need help with Blessings give back agenda....will be glad to help out! Just let me know! Sally Evans

jbeletti

A Donation Turn-in and Luncheon Invitation and RSVP for donors was sent out today. A PDF of this email has been attached to post #1 of this thread.

Also, here's a link to a web version of that email.

Thank you donors and see you in Goshen!

VKTalley

Re: 2017 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) & Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)

Thanks for responding, I will check those sites.

Heather

You're welcome, Heather!

We are now just two months away from the National Rally...it will be here before you know it! Crafters and shoppers, please chime in on what you are working on and/or shopping for. Let's make this the best Baby Blessings and Hats & Hugs event ever! I will be posting pictures in the next couple of days of the baby bibs that I have been working on.

If you are coming to the luncheon, don't forget to RSVP. 😊

- - - Updated - - -

Judi.....Roy and I are planning on being there....need help with Blessings give back agenda....will be glad to help out! Just let me know! Sally Evans

Sally, I'm not sure what help is needed by Judi but I'm sure she will get back with you soon.

I have roughly 12 knitted baby blankets and close to 12 baby hats to donate.
it is hard to believe that it is only 2 months away! I need to get a few more projects finished.
thanks Heather

VKTalley

As promised, here are the bibs that I have been working on. I like the idea of having the wipes, fork and spoon all together in one place.

fullsizeoutput_11fd.jpgfullsizeoutput_11ff.jpgfullsizeoutput_11fe.jpg
Fold 'n' Go Travel Bibs. Ready to go! 12 bibs ready for delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_9396.jpg
    IMG_9396.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9397.jpg
    IMG_9397.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 27

JJnVA

My daughter and I would love to add no-sew blanket or two.

Those no-sew blankets will be so appreciated! I have seen numerous adorable print blankets made by this method that were donated in past years. Thank you & will see you in Goshen soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Val, these are really awesome bibs! ❤️ I know the mothers will love receiving one of these to use with their babe! Great idea. Thanks for sharing the pix & for making these...all packaged & ready to donated.

As promised, here are the bibs that I have been working on. I like the idea of having the wipes, fork and spoon all together in one place.

View attachment 50935View attachment 50938View attachment 50939
Fold 'n' Go Travel Bibs. Ready to go! 12 bibs ready for delivery.

jbeletti

As of today (21-Apr), 34 people have submitted their RSVP to attend the Turn-In Luncheon. This is a great start!