ATF: Landmark - Name or Welcome plate

busted2341

We just ran into another couple (LandMark Ownners) who had no idea what the name plate holder attached to the outside D/S was for. They were told by the salesman that it was another TV holder. I would think Heartland would make sure that Sales people with their distributers would all know what this is and how to order the name plate or welcome sign. Over the last year we have spoken to several with LM's and no one seems to know about it. I would recommend a bullitan go out to all dealerships notifying them of this one item that NO ONE at dealerships seems to know anything about. Just a thought. (FYI we found out on this site about it)

Attachments

• Choke.jpg
    Choke.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 283

"Hi-Viz" Bill

We purchased a NEW 2016 LM Newport in May .. After we took delivery, while reading on the Heartland website the Standards & Options page .. I saw "Personalized LED Welcome Sign" ... We had no idea what that was ... A quick call to Heartland Customer Svc Ctr got the answer .. They sent us the order form, and we received it apx 5 weeks later .. We did not hear a word about this from our Dealer .. Sometimes you just have to say ... Hmmm !!

budman229

e form was included with the paperworkRe: ATF: Landmark - Name or Welcome plate

We picked up our new Newport a couple of weeks ago. The dealer did tell us about the sign and the form was included with the other paperwork.

Paul

TxCowboy

When we bought our 2015 Key West, the dealer provided us the sign form. We wanted something other than our last name put on the sign so I sent an email to HL asking about it. Took a day or so to get a response but we put that info on the dealer-provided form and got the sign within just a couple of weeks. :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is the form available on the Heartland Website or strictly via the Customer Service?
If you didn't find the form in your owners packet along with all the manuals, give Customer Service a call. 877-262-8032

Peace
Dave

speedcat

Our dealer pulled the order form and put it on top of our owner paperwork. You can request what you want on your sign. I called customer service to ask if there was a limit on the # of characters. The lady asked what I wanted and I told her "Changes In Latitudes" (Jimmy Buffet reference) and she said it would work and the order was placed.

jjwink

Just received our beautiful name plate today. Has anyone found a way to re-wire it so you can turn it off with a switch? We don't like having it on all the time.

jbeletti

Just received our beautiful name plate today. Has anyone found a way to re-wire it so you can turn it off with a switch? We don't like having it on all the time.

Jerry - Several members have wired a switch in line with their. I did one for a friend once as well. Locate the back of the receptacle (possibly behind a drawer) and interrupt the red wire with a switch of your choice, mounted where you want it.

I did an install in 1 or 2 Newports and put the switch in the vanity below the sink.

Personally, I never turn mine off as I doubt I'd remember to turn it on each day. This way, it's always on each night (and day) and I don't have to remember to do it. It's not very bright so it's unlikely to bother anyone from being on all night. And it's a real short LED strip, directly DC powered and likely draws very little current.

jjwink

Thanks for the info. We didn't think it used much electricity and certainly isn't too bright- just wondered if we had missed a switch somewhere- easy to do with new unit!
It is so nice- we love it- very classy!

danemayer

Do you have any unmarked switches in between the awning switches and lighted KIB Multiplex switch panel? Do you know what they operate?

Control Panel LM365 2017 left side.jpg

ksucats

On mine it is not - it is held up by a sturdy 'U' type attachment on the outside wall. I have read of some who have accidentally left theirs on while traveling and it didn't bounce off but I wouldn't do it on purpose.

Frank Bennett

We have located the back of the USB connector behind the drawer but the wires are not connected to anything. Red and black wire just hanging down. Any suggestions to resolve this issue. We have an Ashland. Thanks

jbeletti

We have located the back of the USB connector behind the drawer but the wires are not connected to anything. Red and black wire just hanging down. Any suggestions to resolve this issue. We have an Ashland. Thanks

Connect the wires to the spade terminals on the back of the USB connector.

Frank Bennett

We found the wiring in the bedroom behind the drawer under the window. We tested and found the 12V hot wire, connected the USB wiring and now it works fine. The dealership knew nothing about the whole issue to include the sign.

Frank Bennett