2017 Goshen Rally - Eligibility

jbeletti

We have an Eligibility article on the rally website at this link.

Recently, it was pointed out to me by a member whose membership will expire prior to the rally, that they were not able to renew now. Turns out, I didn't know how this process actually works. Julie Hancock, our Club Manager got me squared away.

Bottom line is:
- You must be a Heartland Owners Club member to register for the rally
- You must be a member on day 1 of the rally (June 13)
- You cannot renew your membership until you are within 60 days of expiration

Follow this link to learn more.

Discuss Rally Eligibility via "Reply to Thread" at the top-left of this page.

wdk450

We have an Eligibility article on the rally website at this link.

Recently, it was pointed out to me by a member whose membership will expire prior to the rally, that they were not able to renew now. Turns out, I didn't know how this process actually works. Julie Hancock, our Club Manager got me squared away.

Bottom line is:
- You must be a Heartland Owners Club member to register for the rally
- You must be a member on day 1 of the rally (June 13)
- You cannot renew your membership until you are within 60 days of expiration

Follow this link to learn more.

Discuss Rally Eligibility via "Reply to Thread" at the top-left of this page.

Jim:
Maybe the "No renewals before 60 days before membership expiration" rule needs to be re-explored. Although this would make membership term tracking a bit more complicated, the plus side is more money in the club coffers sooner (a better bank balance overall), and making it easier for members to renew their membership. I would think that there is accounting software that could easily handle this change.

Or maybe some special "escrow account" just for the pre-rally membership expirations issue.

jbeletti

Jim:
Maybe the "No renewals before 60 days before membership expiration" rule needs to be re-explored. Although this would make membership term tracking a bit more complicated, the plus side is more money in the club coffers sooner (a better bank balance overall), and making it easier for members to renew their membership. I would think that there is accounting software that could easily handle this change.

Or maybe some special "escrow account" just for the pre-rally membership expirations issue.

Hi Bill - thanks for your feedback. The Member Manager tool we use is homebrew, so we could change this. That said, renewals are only $10 so not a big money swing for us and it's Heartland funded - so we're good there. This also affects very few people but we want to be upfront with as much info as possible.