Water Heater on LP

budman229

The wife accidentally hit the LP switch for the water heater (bad location right next to a light switch). The coach is winterized with nothing
in the tank. The burner kicked in. Luckily I caught it in a couple of minutes. Is there a way to disable the LP side when winterized other than
turning off the gas? The switch on the heater is off and there is no 12 volt fuse.

Side note. This is a new unit so I'm still checking it out. There are 18 fuses in the 12 volt panel, but only 17 listed on the list. Anyone know
what #18 goes to? Also #17 on the list says YETI but we don't have the option.

Thanks Guys

Paul

dlw930

Turning off the gas is probably your best option. I think the On-Off rocker switch behind the water heater access panel is a safety switch that is meant to protect only the electric (120 V) heating element from being energized from the inside control panel switch when the tank is empty so the heating element doesn't burn out (don't ask me how I know this). I would keep the outside safety switch in the Off position when the tank is empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

The fuse box cover may have a label identifying which fuse does what, although it's often a bit hard to read. There is a fuse that if pulled will disable the water heater gas function because the control board, gas valve, and igniter all work off 12V DC.

budman229

Yes there is a label on the fuse cover. It does not list the water heater. It does list the Yeti system which our unit doesn't have.Also, I'm curious about the Refer fuse. Is it for the inverter power center? Also, what is the mystery fuse # 18?

IMG_20170310_140538458.jpgIMG_20170310_140655861.jpg

danemayer

Yes there is a label on the fuse cover. It does not list the water heater. It does list the Yeti system which our unit doesn't have.Also, I'm curious about the Refer fuse. Is it for the inverter power center? Also, what is the mystery fuse # 18?

View attachment 50331View attachment 50332

If you have a residential refrigerator that runs on 120V AC only, the fuse labeled Refer is not doing anything for the refrigerator or for the dedicated inverter. No idea what it would be for.

If you have a gas absorption refrigerator that runs on either 120V AC or 12V DC with propane, the fuse supplies power to the refrigerator's control board.

No idea where #18 goes. Pull it out and see if something stops working.

budman229

It is a residential refer. The only problem I've had with this unit (so far) is the documentation supplied by Heartland. I had to contact Heartland customer service to get a build sheet in order to obtain model/serial numbers for the various appliances. Several numbers were wrong or incomplete. Unless I get on the roof and pull the shrouds, I can't register any of the A/C's because they only wrote down the last 4 digits of the serial #s. Now we don't know what several of the 12 volt fuses go to.

Other than the above, we really love this coach. We bought it winterized so the only system we haven't been able to check out is the water. Hoping to get it dewinterized next weekend so we can use it on the 24th.

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. We have had several RVs over the last 35 years, but this coach has several things I have not been exposed to before. This is a great forum!!

Paul

2017 Landmark Newport

danemayer

It is a residential refer. The only problem I've had with this unit (so far) is the documentation supplied by Heartland. I had to contact Heartland customer service to get a build sheet in order to obtain model/serial numbers for the various appliances. Several numbers were wrong or incomplete. Unless I get on the roof and pull the shrouds, I can't register any of the A/C's because they only wrote down the last 4 digits of the serial #s. Now we don't know what several of the 12 volt fuses go to.

Other than the above, we really love this coach. We bought it winterized so the only system we haven't been able to check out is the water. Hoping to get it dewinterized next weekend so we can use it on the 24th.

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it. We have had several RVs over the last 35 years, but this coach has several things I have not been exposed to before. This is a great forum!!

Paul

2017 Landmark Newport

Paul,

If you haven't found them yet, click on the TOOLS tab and select HUG - Heartland User Guides, or click this link. We have a number of user guides that fill in some of the blanks. The Residential Refrigerator Guide will de-mystify a bunch of stuff for you. And the Landmark 365 User Guide may shed light on things you've wondered about.