6-Point Auto Level Not Working

avvidclif

I am at a loss on my Level Up System problem. Based on allthe advice on the Forum and also talking with Ron previously at Heartland – I wasconvinced the rear sensor had come loose from the frame.
We came home for Easter this past weekend so I was able toget the BH on a level concrete pad where I store it. As per several timesbefore the Auto Level would go to a crazy angle and say success!
With the photos supplied by Dan I started cutting coroplastlooking for the rear sensor and could not find it.
I called Heartland this morning and talked with Bob askingif he could tell me where the rear sensor was. After a discussion of explainingthe problem with the system and my troubleshooting he explained it was virtuallyimpossible it was the rear sensor and it was most likely the controller wouldneed to be replaced.
I asked how I could trouble shoot it and he said I shouldtake it to a service center for repairs.
He never could tell me where the rear sensor was located. Itold him I was hoping the factory might have a build sheet on this particularmodel for a location. Again, he said that was not the problem.
Please understand I don’t want to be negative – I just wantsome help – we love our Big Horn and want to be able to use it.
Anyone have any ideas?

Time to go up the food chain a bit. Someone knows where the sensor is and Bob doesn't or he would have told you, maybe. If he's so certain that's not the problem tell him to send you a new brain so you can check it out, otherwise tell me where to find it. No results, kick it up a notch or 2. Find out who the BH manager is and go there. Mine did the try to turn it over number until I found the sensor.

Georgia_Biker

Time to go up the food chain a bit. Someone knows where the sensor is and Bob doesn't or he would have told you, maybe. If he's so certain that's not the problem tell him to send you a new brain so you can check it out, otherwise tell me where to find it. No results, kick it up a notch or 2. Find out who the BH manager is and go there. Mine did the try to turn it over number until I found the sensor.

Clif I guess that may be a good idea - see what happens.

BTW-Bob did let me know it was out of warranty

avvidclif

Clif I guess that may be a good idea - see what happens.

BTW-Bob did let me know it was out of warranty

Skip Heartland and go to Lippert. I tried Heartland, clueless. I went to Lippert and the first guy said "out of warranty, so sorry" I went back a week later and fussed and fumed and they sent me a new (rebuilt) brain, gratis. Just gotta find the right guy.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Skip Heartland and go to Lippert. I tried Heartland, clueless. I went to Lippert and the first guy said "out of warranty, so sorry" I went back a week later and fussed and fumed and they sent me a new (rebuilt) brain, gratis. Just gotta find the right guy.
I agree with this one completely. ...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PondSkum

Wondering if you ever found the solution to this problem.. I recently got my RW and having same issue with the auto level. Starting with front end slightly above level (unhitching), press auto level, it goes down in front, then back up. Then left jacks extend till they touch ground, followed by right jacks. As soon as the right jacks hit the ground and "feel resistance" it stops and waits for a minute. Then I get the error message "Jack Timeout". I've reset the zero point, I've tried plugged in to shore, unplugged and with generator running. I am able to manually level just fine, so I know ground (driveway) is good. I've contacted LCI customer service and gone through all the troubleshooting so far. Last thing I checked was the voltage at the pump under load and it falls under 13v. I'm assuming this might possibly be the problem, but don't know what the solution to it is. Battery shows 13.6v when sitting, and I've tried hookin my truck up with jumper cables but voltage still drops.

RATFINK

I have a 2016 Big Horn 3875FB. I have the Lippert 6-point Auto Level system. I have disconnected my rig from my truck.

When I start Auto Level the system tries to run but, shuts off with a timeout error message. I have checked fluid level- OK, looked for leaks none. I was able to go to Manual Mode and lower the legs and retract. Auto Level still no go

Lippert's customer service does not open until Monday and as always these thing happen after 5:00PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Any ideas folks
Replace the circuit breaker in the front trailer compartment next to hydraulic pump. Buy another 50amp breaker to replace the 50amp breaker or opt to install a 80amp breaker.They wear out over time and start tripping when using the slides and leveling system.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Replace the circuit breaker in the front trailer compartment next to hydraulic pump. Buy another 50amp breaker to replace the 50amp breaker or opt to install a 80amp breaker.They wear out over time and start tripping when using the slides and leveling system.
Thanks for sharing that info but this thread is six years old.

Peace
Dave