6-Point Auto Level Not Working

Georgia_Biker

I have a 2016 Big Horn 3875FB. I have the Lippert 6-point Auto Level system. I have disconnected my rig from my truck.

When I start Auto Level the system tries to run but, shuts off with a timeout error message. I have checked fluid level- OK, looked for leaks none. I was able to go to Manual Mode and lower the legs and retract. Auto Level still no go

Lippert's customer service does not open until Monday and as always these thing happen after 5:00PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Any ideas folks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine will do those weird things on occasion. And it doesn't seem​ to go away until I hook it up and go home then when I unhook it will be fine. This has happened a few time now.
I'd do the auto retract. You can hook it up to the truck if it makes you feel better, but you don't have to.... Auto retract will raise all 6 legs so be ready for the front of the RV to lower all the way to the ground if the truck is not under it.
Then turn off the Level-up​ power.
Then I would use the front switch to raise the front up to truck hieght.
Then go back and try your auto level button again. Hopefully it will work.
That's what I would try.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bob.jr

Sounds like a bad 50amp breaker. Happen to me 6 months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

danemayer

Larry,

My guess is that the "brain" is confused. Could also be a leveling sensor is out of place or disconnected.

Try cutting off all power from truck, battery and shore power and then back on to see if the brain recovers.

If not, look in the front compartment to see if there's a small Lippert box and that it's secure.
BH Level Up Brain.jpg

Georgia_Biker

Larry,

My guess is that the "brain" is confused. Could also be a leveling sensor is out of place or disconnected.

Try cutting off all power from truck, battery and shore power and then back on to see if the brain recovers.

If not, look in the front compartment to see if there's a small Lippert box and that it's secure.
View attachment 50709

Hey Dan

I confirmed the brain box is secure and there are no loose connections.

Here is what I tried and what I found out: I closed in the slides, hooked ubp to my truck and ran the auto retract in the manual mode. Then I turned off the panel.

( I never did unhook from shore power if that makes a difference) I then lowered the front legs with the Retract/Extend control outside and pulled the truck away. I then started AUTO LEVEL and it was doing fine until it kept trying to overextend the front legs until they bottomed out. I got an error message not enough stroke. I am sitting on a pretty level sight and the front of the RV is definitely jacked up too high. I tried lowering the front end and tried again and the same.

So based on your suggestion - can I just turn off shore power and battery to kick the brain to restart?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ok next thing I'd try
Take a picture of the box up in the front compartmnent. I think all plugs are different but just in case you loose track of what goes where.
Unplug all of the plugs for a few minutes. Then plug them back in.
Turn on Level-up power and go to manual mode and hit enter.
Manually level your RV hopefully you have a 3' level or something you can use to check it.
Get it as low and as level as possible.
Then shut off the power.
With power off- press up (front) 10 times then down (rear) 10 times it will beep at you then ask you to press enter.
That should give your brain a new level point.

Georgia_Biker

Hey Dan

I confirmed the brain box is secure and there are no loose connections.

Here is what I tried and what I found out: I closed in the slides, hooked ubp to my truck and ran the auto retract in the manual mode. Then I turned off the panel.

( I never did unhook from shore power if that makes a difference) I then lowered the front legs with the Retract/Extend control outside and pulled the truck away. I then started AUTO LEVEL and it was doing fine until it kept trying to overextend the front legs until they bottomed out. I got an error message not enough stroke. I am sitting on a pretty level sight and the front of the RV is definitely jacked up too high. I tried lowering the front end and tried again and the same.

So based on your suggestion - can I just turn off shore power and battery to kick the brain to restart?

Dan-

I tried the power disconnect twice and each time I run AUTO LEVEL it ends extending the front legs till they bottom and my error message says out of stroke. There must be some kind of leveling sensor out of adjustment somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok next thing I'd try
Take a picture of the box up in the front compartmnent. I think all plugs are different but just in case you loose track of what goes where.
Unplug all of the plugs for a few minutes. Then plug them back in.
Turn on Level-up power and go to manual mode and hit enter.
Manually level your RV hopefully you have a 3' level or something you can use to check it.
Get it as low and as level as possible.
Then shut off the power.
With power off- press up (front) 10 times then down (rear) 10 times it will beep at you then ask you to press enter.
That should give your brain a new level point.

Jerrod-

I guess now I may try your plan - it makes sense to find a Zero point but, what concerns me is what caused it. I have level-

Bob.jr

Bob he mentioned that he was able to manually​ level it. So the circuit breaker must be working ok.

I was able to do the same thing, but not auto level. I changed out the breaker and it's been working ever since. I don't no why . But it worked for me.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Cheap computer components I guess.
I have had to do this a few times last year. But it hasn't done anything in a while now.
You never know what it will do.
It's funny because we have been all over the place pushing 50 trips out and I think back and everytime it has done this to me we were at Jackson RV park. That is kinda odd. They are some of the most level sights we've been on.

Bob.jr

Cheap computer components I guess.
I have had to do this a few times last year. But it hasn't done anything in a while now.
You never know what it will do.
It's funny because we have been all over the place pushing 50 trips out and I think back and everytime it has done this to me we were at Jackson RV park. That is kinda odd. They are some of the most level sights we've been on.

That is spooky. LOL

danemayer

Dan-

I tried the power disconnect twice and each time I run AUTO LEVEL it ends extending the front legs till they bottom and my error message says out of stroke. There must be some kind of leveling sensor out of adjustment somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Jerrod-

I guess now I may try your plan - it makes sense to find a Zero point but, what concerns me is what caused it. I have level-
I agree with Jerrod. Next step would be a zero calibration. If the problem is resolved but comes back, one of the sensors is probably either moving around, or not working properly.

Georgia_Biker

I agree with Jerrod. Next step would be a zero calibration. If the problem is resolved but comes back, one of the sensors is probably either moving around, or not working properly.

Thanks to Dan and Jerrod- I am leveled and OK until Monday and I'll call Lippert customer service and get their take. I will post results.

porthole

Retired
When you use the auto level ..........

Drop landing gear to disconnect truck

Turn on the LevelUp, check the battery voltage at the LevelUp controller before you start.

Hit auto level. The system 'should':

• retract front legs to below level for a starting point
  • extend front legs to approximate level fore - aft
  • extend left side rear jacks to approximate level side to side
  • extend right side rear jacks to approximate level side to side
  • extend left side rear jacks to near level side to side
  • fine adjustment extend right side rear jacks to level side to side
  • final fine adjustment extend front jack to level fore - aft

Make another notation of the battery voltage at the LevelUp display.

Is your LevelUp following this sequence?

Roller4tan

Somewhere deep in the manual I think it says that the front must be high prior to starting auto level.