Satellite cable specifications

avvidclif

Most cable can handle satellite if connectors are properly installed (big question mark on installation). It's the funky CATV splitters they use that are rated for 900 MHz. DUH, long way from 3GHz

dave10a

The joey/hopper Satellite receivers that Dish uses require 3Ghz rated cable. Cables that are rated at 3Ghz are labeled every few feet as to the frequency they are rated at. If they are not labeled then they are most likely 2ghz or lower rated. The cables may need to be replaced to work properly with the Dish Joey and hopper setup. The connectors are important as well. It is not clear if the RV Mfg's keep pace with technology which is important for those who are either full timer or extended stay like myself. I was hoping that they would since this the present technology has been out for many years.

osims

bsims
We use the hopper and joey system in our Bighorn with no problem so evidently the factory cable is up to specs.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ditto on Hopper in our 2016 Big Country. We did have to redo many of the cable ends due to poor crimps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We just had Dish Network to install a Hopper and Joeys in our new Oshkosh and all work very well. Impressed with the clarity of all TV's.

jbeletti

Is the RG-6 cable used in the Big Horn rated for 3ghz or higher?

Dave - I can't say with 100% certainty but my understanding is that the coax used is spec'd to 2 gHz. That said, it's likely to work out to 3 gHz. I seriously doubt the coax will present any issue.

Aandaar

We just had Dish Network to install a Hopper and Joeys in our new Oshkosh and all work very well. Impressed with the clarity of all TV's.

What dish are u using with the hopper setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeR

Is the RG-6 cable used in the Big Horn rated for 3ghz or higher?

When I installed the Hopper and Joey in my 2014 Big Country, I figured I would have to replace all my coax to meet the 3 GHz spec. per Dish Network. I checked out all of my coax and all of it was rated at 3ghz, it was marked on the cable. Hooked up the Hopper and Joey and it has been working great.

Techwriter

When I installed the Hopper and Joey in my 2014 Big Country, I figured I would have to replace all my coax to meet the 3 GHz spec. per Dish Network.
The only 3 GHz cable required for a Hopper installation is the run from a Solo Node (or Hybrid Solo Node for a Hopper 3) to the Hopper itself. All other cable can be 2 MHz (or less).

For example:

208_dish_twotvs_hopper_joey_hdhd_dual_rg6720dpi.jpg

209_dish_twotvs_hopper_joey_hdhd_single_rg6720dpi.jpg

dph42_winegard-travler_one_hopper3_two_joeys.jpg

Attachments

• dph_hopper-3-rv-wiring-examples-150dpi.jpg
    dph_hopper-3-rv-wiring-examples-150dpi.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 39

Danh1

Hi , I usually only read these forums and not reply but this is something I know a little about. I am a Imaging Science Foundation teck. Almost all RG6 cable will carry any sat, cable or terrestrial signal it doesn't need to be quad shieled but I would use it if you can. I would recommend Belden cable also most problems are usually at the connection points double check these.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk