2015 Cyclone 4200 need replacement tires

Whiterice

Need some help...Had the Blowmax couple years back and had a blowout and did $4k in damage and had tires inspected and said 3 other tires had broken belts...never drove over 65 and had less than 3k miles on the properly inflated tires. Swaped out all 6 for Maxxis 8008 probably and got probably 15,000 miles and had a blowout Sunday on one no damage...stupid me used the brand new Blowmax spare made it 100 miles and kaboom at least another $4k in damage....now my question...I see that they are using the Sailun tires now on the 4200 and reading about them sound like a much better tire...contacted Heartland to ask will they fit my Rig and they would not give me an answer but did give me the contact for the people who supplied the rims on my Rig...They said the tires will fit my rims...but they could not answer my second question...will they fit my Rigs frame safely...To me they look bigger. Has anyone tried this on the 2015 4200?
Hate to buy 6 tires mount them and be touching each other or the top of the wheel well.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

You need to check the inside of the rims for a stamp in the metal indicating 3750 or 110 (3,750 lbs. or 110 psi). The Sailun S637 tires are rated for 110 psi max cold pressure and you don't want to mount them on rims rated for less than that.

avvidclif

Need some help...Had the Blowmax couple years back and had a blowout and did $4k in damage and had tires inspected and said 3 other tires had broken belts...never drove over 65 and had less than 3k miles on the properly inflated tires. Swaped out all 6 for Maxxis 8008 probably and got probably 15,000 miles and had a blowout Sunday on one no damage...stupid me used the brand new Blowmax spare made it 100 miles and kaboom at least another $4k in damage....now my question...I see that they are using the Sailun tires now on the 4200 and reading about them sound like a much better tire...contacted Heartland to ask will they fit my Rig and they would not give me an answer but did give me the contact for the people who supplied the rims on my Rig...They said the tires will fit my rims...but they could not answer my second question...will they fit my Rigs frame safely...To me they look bigger. Has anyone tried this on the 2015 4200?
Hate to buy 6 tires mount them and be touching each other or the top of the wheel well.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Sailun makes 2 sizes of trailer tires. One is the exact same size as the blowmax 235/80-16

http://www.gosailun.com/MRT/Tire/S637T

Whiterice

You need to check the inside of the rims for a stamp in the metal indicating 3750 or 110 (3,750 lbs. or 110 psi). The Sailun S637 tires are rated for 110 psi max cold pressure and you don't want to mount them on rims rated for less than that.

Thank you I will check...great advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Sailun makes 2 sizes of trailer tires. One is the exact same size as the blowmax 235/80-16

http://www.gosailun.com/MRT/Tire/S637T

Thank you!!! Appreciate your response