Pioneer 5th Wheel - Jacks drag up driveway

Just got home with our new pioneer fifth wheel rv and the electric jacks hang too low to back it into our driveway.:confused: Help any suggestions? :eek:

Eric1234

Good evening

a couple ideas: use lumber or steel plates to bridge any low points to get you into your parking spot. Or you could you remove the jacks ? Are they bolted in place ? Those are the ideas that come to mind to get your rig into your driveway tonight.

Next long term term raising the trailer by flipping the axles it should give you a couple of inches.

Have a be a good night

Eric

Bogie

As already suggested, bridging may help. If the the jacks are only scraping a little, you could try removing the foot plate on the jacks.
That reduces the amount of surface that can hit/drag. Removing the feet solved it for me but the clearance was very close.

As already suggested, bridging may help. If the the jacks are only scraping a little, you could try removing the foot plate on the jacks.
That reduces the amount of surface that can hit/drag. Removing the feet solved it for me but the clearance was very close.

What a clever person you are. I am more interested in the mod of your rear jack stands. Our 2017 pioneer fifth wheel came with them. Being a newbie, the brain is numb!

Bogie

What a clever person you are. I am more interested in the mod of your rear jack stands. Our 2017 pioneer fifth wheel came with them. Being a newbie, the brain is numb!

No worries. Everyone here was a newbie at some point. The Forum will help immensely.

porthole

Retired
At one time I used 12' long 2x10's, that worked

I also have used some HDPE plastic sheets I had, about 5' x 1' x 3/16". I placed these under the jacks and just let them slide up the driveway (plastic stays put, jacks slide on plastic)

Eventually on our trailer I was able to just raise the jacks. But if the trailer is really loaded I will still hit, so I also dump the air in my hitch and truck suspension, that gives me about 4" extra at the rear of the trailer.

Larry4720

"On my 2017 Elkridge E261, I only have 5" clearance on the rear jacks. I drag at service stations, RR crossings, any slight elevation. Have talked with Heartland customer service; response, 'The clearance is within acceptable engineering standards'. Have already lost 2 skid plates. Jacks set so close to decking there is no room for adjustment upward. Have lowered my Anderson hitch to lowest setting to bring up rear end. Love the 5th wheel but hate the constant annoyance not to mention the hazard."