What to use to seal Slide on 2014 Bighorn

We bought a 2014 bighorn 3585rl that appeared to be in perfect condition. We now noticed that the bedroom slide out appears to have delamination starting on the bottom part of it below where it says bighorn. It appears there may be a leak on the top. Is there a specific kind of sealant we should use to prevent further water damage and delamination?

It appears that I have the same situation - Here I Florida slide-out facing the sun in 90 degree heat it bubbles out. But early in the morning it's as flat as a pancake. Any suggestions from this forum? I can't tell where water is coming in - checks all the chalking all seems intact.

2013 Bighorn Delam.jpg

sengli

Dicor makes self leveling sealant for both horizontal applications. I have used a product called superflex, for vertical sealing. Its available in most camping outlets, and online. Your looking for any cracks in the current seems on top and where ever the water runs down any exposed surface. Honestly its a never ending job to keep the seams sealed, regardless of age of your RV.

Last edited:

LBR

Dicor makes self leveling sealant for both horizontal, and vertical applications. Its available in most camping outlets, and online. Your looking for any cracks in the current seems on top and where ever the water runs down any exposed surface. Honestly its a never ending job to keep the seams sealed, regardless of age of your RV.
I was under the impression that Dicor self-leveling was only for horizontal surfaces, like the roof, to feather itself out...how can it self-level on a vertical surface?