Here is the Sailun Tire Load/Inflation Table

mlpeloquin

Anyone know where to find one for the Sailun 637's (H rated 17.5") tires?

Rod

I sure would like one too please. I run at the Max 125 PSI because I don't know the load bearing values of lower pressure.

Send a e-mail to Alan Eagleson at Sailun tires at: AEagleson@Sailunjinyuint.com and ask him for the load/pressure chart for the tires. It will come in a excel spreadsheet file. Make a PDF of it and post.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Send a e-mail to Alan Eagleson at Sailun tires at: AEagleson@Sailunjinyuint.com and ask him for the load/pressure chart for the tires. It will come in a excel spreadsheet file. Make a PDF of it and post.

Thanks!!! Here it is. Alan was quick to respond. He said to please see 215/75R17.5* below. The * designates trailer use only.

I hope this helps everyone!

Attachments

• Sailun Load Limits and PSI.pdf
    80.2 KB · Views: 155

WillyBill

Just purchased a set of Sailun tires for my fiver. I contacted Alan Eagleson at Sailun tires and requested the load/inflation tables. He sent me both for the ST235/80R-16 and ST235/85R-16 tires. It is a PDF file.

Thank you very much Marc!!!

WB

ATTN Moderator...These two PDF's should be in the "TOOLS"?

mlpeloquin

Just purchased a set of Sailun tires for my fiver. I contacted Alan Eagleson at Sailun tires and requested the load/inflation tables. He sent me both for the ST235/80R-16 and ST235/85R-16 tires. It is a PDF file.

Thank you very much Marc!!!

WB

ATTN Moderator...These two PDF's should be in the "TOOLS"?

You are all welcome. You think it was a bugger to find out how to get the info, but Alan was listed as a contact on Sailun's web page. lol!

SLO

Thanks for the load rating table. My Sailun tires, S637 ST235/85R16 load range G, on my 2016 bighorn are rated at 3750 lbs @ 110 psi (stamped on the side of the tire). The table says 4400 lbs @ 110 psi. I must be missing something.

danemayer

Thanks for the load rating table. My Sailun tires, S637 ST235/85R16 load range G, on my 2016 bighorn are rated at 3750 lbs @ 110 psi (stamped on the side of the tire). The table says 4400 lbs @ 110 psi. I must be missing something.

There are 2 versions of the Sailun S637; one certified as a passenger LT tire and the other as an uncertified ST trailer tire. The stamping of the sidewall may be the only difference. LT certification requires a safety margin that's not required for ST tires. So an ST tire can be sold with a higher load capacity even though it's the same as the LT tire.

SLO

There are 2 versions of the Sailun S637; one certified as a passenger LT tire and the other as an uncertified ST trailer tire. The stamping of the sidewall may be the only difference. LT certification requires a safety margin that's not required for ST tires. So an ST tire can be sold with a higher load capacity even though it's the same as the LT tire.

But the load rating in the table was for ST tires. That’s what’s confusing. Even on their web site it has ST tire 4400# @ 110 psi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

But the load rating in the table was for ST tires. That’s what’s confusing. Even on their web site it has ST tire 4400# @ 110 psi.

Since the ST tire doesn't carry a certification that requires a safety margin, it shows a higher capacity. Take away about 15% from the 4400 and you get the LT capacity of 3750.

SLO

Since the ST tire doesn't carry a certification that requires a safety margin, it shows a higher capacity. Take away about 15% from the 4400 and you get the LT capacity of 3750.

Interesting. So my ST Sailuns on my 2016 Bighorn must have included that safety margin. Thanks for that info.

CarterKraft

I can't seem to open or save the pdf on my phone. I'll try on the laptop at some point just wondered if anyone else had trouble.

mlpeloquin

ST tires cannot be used as steering wheel tires because the side walls are constructed differently. They are not constructed the same as LT tires. It is not just the load rating according to my friend who is a retired Michelan trie factory rep and trainer. There is less strength engineered into the sidewall allowing it to flex more. He also had the fun explaining just what caused the tirer failure to the customers. Most were caused by a nail or screw that made it down to the steel belt, but did not penetrate past it to create a flat. Over two years or so the belt rusted causing tread separation. You could see the rust on the steal belt.

tireman9

View attachment 58806

Yes that PDF is a scan from the US Tire & Rim Association 2016 yearbook. This chart would be used by almost all tire companies.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you capture pictures showing the tire size and the Load information. Also the full DOT serial (including the date code )

Tires are suppose to follow DOT regulations. Those regulations point to TRA published standards. Possibly a mis-production. Could be subject to a recall

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but someone is giving you some confused information.
1. ALL DOT tires are "Certified" by the tire company to be able to pass certain regulatory requirements. Part of those requirements include the size & type % load rating information.
2. Passenger tires use the letter P before the section width i.e. P235/75R16 LT tires would say LT235/75R16 and ST tires would say ST235/75R16
3. I know of no place in the Federal DOT regulations where a company can mark a tire "LT235/75R16" and then call it an ST or P type tire
4. Where can I find a reference to the "safety margin" you are talking about. The DOT regulations are "minimum" performance standards. There are no Plus or minumtolerances on the minimum requirements.

tireman9

ST tires cannot be used as steering wheel tires because the side walls are constructed differently. They are not constructed the same as LT tires. It is not just the load rating according to my friend who is a retired Michelan trie factory rep and trainer. There is less strength engineered into the sidewall allowing it to flex more. He also had the fun explaining just what caused the tirer failure to the customers. Most were caused by a nail or screw that made it down to the steel belt, but did not penetrate past it to create a flat. Over two years or so the belt rusted causing tread separation. You could see the rust on the steal belt.

Almost. ST tires are not allowed on "passenger vehicles". I can find no prohibition about ST tires on steering axles.

ST tires have a different load formula than LT which is also differnet than P type, just as the regulatory tests are different.

Tire "strength" is established by a "Plunger Test" when a steel rod is forced through the center of the tread. There is no similar sidewall "strength" test.