Thread: North Trail 22RBK

1. Print this Post   #1

North Trail 22RBK

The U-dinette looks very nice, however it is not comfortable. I have though about putting two small European wall hugging, swivel recliners in the 7' slide, and a small table. I have not seen any photos that would be exactly what I am envisioning, but before I hire the dinette torn out, I need to have a better visual on how it will look. Has anyone removed the U-dinette and replaced it with two small chairs and a small table? I do not want to eliminate the table due to computer and dining space. There is no couch in this TT and no other place to sit besides the bed.

I have been planning on having a carpenter put a drawer under one dinette, but with my new thought process that might be a moot point.

Does anyone have any other ideas for a table and more comfortable seating? Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Print this Post   #2
    Caught In A Mosh

Re: North Trail 22RBK

That is an awesome rig. We used to own one. I know someone has done this and posted about it in the Brand section of the forum. They may have done it to a Wilderness though. GBR!!

Mike & Anna McKenzie
    Heidi the water dog.
    2017 F350
    2017 Big Country 4011 ERD

You do not need everything to enjoy life. You already have life, enjoy everything.

2015: CO Camp-out, CO Fall Rally
    2016: West TX Rally, CO Spring Rally, CO Fall Rally, Las Vegas National Rally
    2017: KY Rally, CO Fall Rally
    2018: LA Rally, N Central Regional Rally, IA Rally
    2019: W TX Rally

3. Print this Post   #3

Thank you for responding. I will check it out. I do like the TT, they dinette looks fabulous......just not the most practical of comfortable. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortest Straw View Post
    That is an awesome rig. We used to own one. I know someone has done this and posted about it in the Brand section of the forum. They may have done it to a Wilderness though. GBR!!

4. Print this Post   #4

I just removed the U shaped dinette in the 7' slide in my North trail ( 21 FBS). it took about 20 minutes and the only issue was you need a multi tool to cut out a slot so the wire for the slide lights can slide out the bottom. We replaced ours with a leather sofa from American furniture warehouse ( in Colorado ). I have an entry in what did you do you your camper, but I will attach the pics here.

We plan too put a small coffee table in, perhaps made with the tabletop from the dinette

You only need to remove like 16 screws or so and the parts just lift out, you will need a square drive bit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don & Jane Kyle
    Dash, our camping dog ( English Cocker Spaniel )
    2017 North Trail 21 FBS
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
    HOC Membership # 4176

Rallys attended:
    2018 NM Chapter Rally - Albuquerque

Here are the states we have camped in

5. Print this Post   #5

Thank you for those photos. I could do the removal myself. It looks great. Now I need to see photos of this trailer with the Euro chairs. I do not know how it would look, but a person could even leave one side of the bench in, get different cushions, then put in one Euro chairs. Oh the possibilities.

Are you missing the dinette yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDon View Post
    I just removed the U shaped dinette in the 7' slide in my North trail ( 21 FBS). it took about 20 minutes and the only issue was you need a multi tool to cut out a slot so the wire for the slide lights can slide out the bottom. We replaced ours with a leather sofa from American furniture warehouse ( in Colorado ). I have an entry in what did you do you your camper, but I will attach the pics here.

We plan too put a small coffee table in, perhaps made with the tabletop from the dinette

You only need to remove like 16 screws or so and the parts just lift out, you will need a square drive bit

6. Print this Post   #6

I do not think we will miss it at all. I did not find the dinette to be very comfortable and the couch is very comfortable

You have to pay a lot of attention to the size of what you replace it with though - the doorway is SMALL

Don & Jane Kyle
    Dash, our camping dog ( English Cocker Spaniel )
    2017 North Trail 21 FBS
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
    HOC Membership # 4176

Rallys attended:
    2018 NM Chapter Rally - Albuquerque

Here are the states we have camped in