Entry Door Lock Failure

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It finally happened that the deadbolt lock failed. Wife locked it as she was leaving to go to the store. Couldn’t turn it back and the key would not come out. So she’s locked out and the cats are locked in. Where am I you ask? 90 miles away at my Reserve unit reunion in Alpena, about to enjoy the BBQ and adult beverages. She calls just before the food is ready and my glass was just filled. Fast ride back to the rig and I can’t budge the key. It broke in the lock trying it. Large slide window was closed but not latched, so that’s how I got in. Still can’t move the deadbolt from the inside, so I removed the whole latch mechanism and set to work trying to drill out the cylinder because it wasn’t coming out willingly.

Now the good part. This lockset was recalled some years ago and I actually had the replacement cylinders, keys, and installation key, just never installed them but kept the package in the rig.

Story ends with a once again functioning door locking mechanism. Sure was looking forward to eating some of those brats, though. Maybe next year. ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

It finally happened that the deadbolt lock failed. Wife locked it as she was leaving to go to the store. Couldn’t turn it back and the key would not come out. So she’s locked out and the cats are locked in. Where am I you ask? 90 miles away at my Reserve unit reunion in Alpena, about to enjoy the BBQ and adult beverages. She calls just before the food is ready and my glass was just filled. Fast ride back to the rig and I can’t budge the key. It broke in the lock trying it. Large slide window was closed but not latched, so that’s how I got in. Still can’t move the deadbolt from the inside, so I removed the whole latch mechanism and set to work trying to drill out the cylinder because it wasn’t coming out willingly.

Now the good part. This lockset was recalled some years ago and I actually had the replacement cylinders, keys, and installation key, just never installed them but kept the package in the rig.

Story ends with a once again functioning door locking mechanism. Sure was looking forward to eating some of those brats, though. Maybe next year. ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like it’s time for a new Heartland John. 😂

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A.N.F.W.! When the walls fall off of this one, we’re done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk