ATF: Landmark - 13.6 x 34 frameless window installation

Oct. 25th someone broke into my fifth wheel in Clinton ok. They shattered the glass and caused extensive damage. A local rv shop removed the old window and patched it up so I could make it home. The delivery time for a new window was 4 to 6 weeks When I got home I ordered a new replacement from heartland. I just received the new window and there is no instruction on how to install it; also there are 18 holes on the inside trim (and no screws provided) Can you tell me if I need silicon when installing. Do the screws penetrate the window itself and the trim. Thanks for your help.
Larry

carl.swoyer

Oct. 25th someone broke into my fifth wheel in Clinton ok. They shattered the glass and caused extensive damage. A local rv shop removed the old window and patched it up so I could make it home. The delivery time for a new window was 4 to 6 weeks When I got home I ordered a new replacement from heartland. I just received the new window and there is no instruction on how to install it; also there are 18 holes on the inside trim (and no screws provided) Can you tell me if I need silicon when installing. Do the screws penetrate the window itself and the trim. Thanks for your help.
Larry
Retired USN
VERY Slow response from ask the factory. Lol
I just asked them a question lol, if the response that you got is a measure of acceptable time?

How is your window repair going.?
Retired USMC

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Guys, in case you've not previously seen this, Ask The Factory notes get forwarded to the Brand General Managers. On occasion, depending on the subject matter, they might respond online. Occasionally they mail email you. Or in some cases might forward your info to someone else to look into.

But Ask The Factory is not staffed by an engineer or customer support ombudsman who's waiting to run down answers to any and every question. It's a bit of an artifact from the early days of the company when there were few shipments and more direct communications was manageable.

For questions like these, you're much better off picking up the phone. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

carl.swoyer

Dane I know how to pick up the phone as I did today lol
Heartland wasn't answering.
While looking for resources I saw ask the factory. I thought I'd give it a try. Apparently it's an obsolete resource. Thanks again Dane for you input.

jimtoo

Saw this earlier on Heartland's facebook page. Looks like they are closing again due to weather.

[h=5]"UPDATE: All offices at Heartland-Indiana, Bison Coach, Cruiser RV and DRV Luxury Suites will be closed the entire day (2/12). Your supervisor will contact you if we need your assistance.
Please be safe out there!"
[/h]

carl.swoyer

Saw this earlier on Heartland's facebook page. Looks like they are closing again due to weather.

[h=5]"UPDATE: All offices at Heartland-Indiana, Bison Coach, Cruiser RV and DRV Luxury Suites will be closed the entire day (2/12). Your supervisor will contact you if we need your assistance.
Please be safe out there!"
[/h]

I gave up Facebook.
But if a resource is no longer a viable resource? Why not close it.

LBR

My personal belief is all ATF's on this site should be closed and disabled from all postings....archive and hide them all from general membership.

This seems to be a "#1 go-to" for new members thinking they have ultimate contact directly to Heartland major control, and expect an immediate response. It is not such, nor should be perceived as such, by possible archaic site labelling.

How many times has the "I have an unlabeled switch" been directed to ATF? Ask the membership.

danemayer

It's kind of obvious that most people think of ATF as a way to get technical questions answered. And when technical questions get posted, other owners usually provide the answers. So it continues to provide help, although not quite how most people expect.

For non-technical matters, it continues to provide information to Heartland management so they are aware of owner interests and concerns.

I believe continued use of ATF gets reviewed by Heartland management periodically.

LBR

It's kind of obvious that most people think of ATF as a way to get technical questions answered. And when technical questions get posted, other owners usually provide the answers. So it continues to provide help, although not quite how most people expect.

For non-technical matters, it continues to provide information to Heartland management so they are aware of owner interests and concerns.

I believe continued use of ATF gets reviewed by Heartland management periodically.
Agreed on all points.

My contention is to have 1 forum, let's call it "ATF for all Heartland models", and have our wonderful staff of admin and mods either push said ""basic"" questions into a thread for general membership to answer..... or if a real barnstorming and unanswerable question/thought is presented, let staff direct those VERY pertainant Qs on up to the Heartland powers to be if it is not at general membership level to answer?

No pressures to admins/mods, but just a thought and I realize it should have been brought up on a separate site suggestion thread, so my apologies to this OP.....my bad.

jbeletti

Hi all,

The ATF was created by me back in 2004 or so when Heartland was very small and there was a single Brand Manager. Heartland has grown exponentially since then and I too feel we've outgrown the ATF and our ability to keep up with it in the manner it was originally intended.

I will take this up with upper management to see how they are feeling about this.

jbeletti

I have received approval to retire the Ask the Factory forums for all brands.

This will happen soon. In their place, we'll include ways to reach the brand sales teams and customer service. Thanks.