Thread: Newbie owner of 2019 Fuel 287.

1. Print this Post   #1

Newbie owner of 2019 Fuel 287.

Just saying hi and looking for some input on “must do’s” and “mustn’t do”. Any input for a new owner is greatly appreciated 👍🏼

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Newbie owner of 2019 Fuel 287.

Hi, welcome first thing I would check the supports under the water tank, we have a 305 (similar) & they were falling out. The slide out was leaking, the D seal on the vertical had a gap to the top seal letting water in. I mitered the seal & siliconed, fixed. Make sure when you move the slide out after it stops hold the switch for a few seconds you will hear them shut down, this keeps the motors timed. The bed was horrible, changed it right a way, other wise its been a good camper so far. Ours came with 7K axels, one piece plywood floor so it seems a little over built based on its listed weights, one big bonus for toy haulers. We did have a lot of surface rust on the chassis, must have been a winter delivery, I am cleaning it up & repainting. Good luck.

3. Print this Post   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade1LI View Post
    Hi, welcome first thing I would check the supports under the water tank, we have a 305 (similar) & they were falling out. The slide out was leaking, the D seal on the vertical had a gap to the top seal letting water in. I mitered the seal & siliconed, fixed. Make sure when you move the slide out after it stops hold the switch for a few seconds you will hear them shut down, this keeps the motors timed. The bed was horrible, changed it right a way, other wise its been a good camper so far. Ours came with 7K axels, one piece plywood floor so it seems a little over built based on its listed weights, one big bonus for toy haulers. We did have a lot of surface rust on the chassis, must have been a winter delivery, I am cleaning it up & repainting. Good luck.
    Thanks for the tips! Oddly enough I just experienced a very bad storm with heavy rains and driving winds, it was literally raining sideways! My camper slide faces the wind broadside... no leaks, I’ll call that a win. I will look into the water tank supports as you mentioned. Mine has a lot of surface rust as well. I purchased it April 1st and towed it home in about two inches of snow ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Fuel 287
    2016 Roadglide special in the box
    Tow Pig=2013 2500HD 6.0 gas

4. Print this Post   #4

Without starting a lot of flame wars about what you should and should not carry, I would carry some spare fuses. Also a small basic tool kit with a #2 square drive screwdriver. There is a lot more I carry but this is a good starting place.
    2018 Cyclone HD 4005
    2016 Ford F-450 w/Airsafe Hitch
    RVing for 13+ years