Newbie owner of 2019 Fuel 287.

JFED79

Just saying hi and looking for some input on “must do’s” and “mustn’t do”. Any input for a new owner is greatly appreciated 👍🏼

Hi, welcome first thing I would check the supports under the water tank, we have a 305 (similar) & they were falling out. The slide out was leaking, the D seal on the vertical had a gap to the top seal letting water in. I mitered the seal & siliconed, fixed. Make sure when you move the slide out after it stops hold the switch for a few seconds you will hear them shut down, this keeps the motors timed. The bed was horrible, changed it right a way, other wise its been a good camper so far. Ours came with 7K axels, one piece plywood floor so it seems a little over built based on its listed weights, one big bonus for toy haulers. We did have a lot of surface rust on the chassis, must have been a winter delivery, I am cleaning it up & repainting. Good luck.

JFED79

Hi, welcome first thing I would check the supports under the water tank, we have a 305 (similar) & they were falling out. The slide out was leaking, the D seal on the vertical had a gap to the top seal letting water in. I mitered the seal & siliconed, fixed. Make sure when you move the slide out after it stops hold the switch for a few seconds you will hear them shut down, this keeps the motors timed. The bed was horrible, changed it right a way, other wise its been a good camper so far. Ours came with 7K axels, one piece plywood floor so it seems a little over built based on its listed weights, one big bonus for toy haulers. We did have a lot of surface rust on the chassis, must have been a winter delivery, I am cleaning it up & repainting. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips! Oddly enough I just experienced a very bad storm with heavy rains and driving winds, it was literally raining sideways! My camper slide faces the wind broadside... no leaks, I’ll call that a win. I will look into the water tank supports as you mentioned. Mine has a lot of surface rust as well. I purchased it April 1st and towed it home in about two inches of snow ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderbolt

Without starting a lot of flame wars about what you should and should not carry, I would carry some spare fuses. Also a small basic tool kit with a #2 square drive screwdriver. There is a lot more I carry but this is a good starting place.