Today at Guntersville Alabama

This morning we stopped at a small roadside park and I found this on the second cast....
100_0265-1.jpg

This afternoon we pulled off on the side of the road and found this....
100_0272.jpg

Alabama is a beautiful state, especially this time of year.
We plan to stop here again in the spring.

Two Hands

Now those are the kind of rest stops I love! Happy Veteran's Day and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THE COUNTRY! And your signature block, wow, how cool is that!

truknutt

Committed Member
Now those are some nice photos!

Semper "FIDO"....that's a good one! :p:p

My "Mule" & I salute you on this most wonderful of days...Veteran's Day!

Be safe on the road!

Here is probably the best fisherman at Guntersville Alabama....
100_0279-1.jpg

Here is a picture of a couple of boats that attracted my attention....if they could only talk....
100_0282.jpg

Couple of nice ones...just don't recognize the species...

Hmmmm....I wonder.....
They are actually Drum, sort of look something like a Redfish without the spot don't they?
We caught 8 of them total, from 6#to 17# all trolling Bandits no "Alabama" Crappie to report. Florida Crappie report coming soon, its getting too da*n cold here.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
They are actually Drum, sort of look something like a Redfish without the spot don't they?
We caught 8 of them total, from 6#to 17# all trolling Bandits no "Alabama" Crappie to report. Florida Crappie report coming soon, its getting too da*n cold here.

I havent seen a drum since I was a kid! I knew those weren't fresh water fish....but, I never thought a fellow vietnam vet would try to slip a "salt water crappie" in on me.

Seriously, I as puzzled as to what they were...the one on the right does have a reddish tint to it...but, as you said...no black spot.

Ok, I admit it...you got me on this one. Say, what kinda "Whoooom Bait" did you use?"

I havent seen a drum since I was a kid! I knew those weren't fresh water fish....but, I never thought a fellow vietnam vet would try to slip a "salt water crappie" in on me.

Seriously, I as puzzled as to what they were...the one on the right does have a reddish tint to it...but, as you said...no black spot.

Ok, I admit it...you got me on this one. Say, what kinda "Whoooom Bait" did you use?"

They are freshwater fish, we caught them on a Bandit (Deep diving crank bait) in Lake Guntersville, Alabama

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I didn't ever know they were such a thing as a fresh water drum. Wonder what they call them back home.