08' 3600 & 3670 Owners HELP??

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Thanks Scott...this response makes much more sense than what we were previously told.

This makes it easier for our neighbors north of the border, however, it made it a little confusing for the rest of us when the GVWR appeared to be higher than the pin box rating. This will put all of our minds at ease!

truknutt

Committed Member
Here you go... We were on the phone with Jason Lippert last night. He shared with us that their front hitch pin box (shown in the photo on this thread) has been certified by SAE at 19,000 lbs. What you are seeing is a label that they put on them for Canada (CSA) which will only rate them at 15,500. In the states, the pin boxes are tested and rated for pulling forward. In Canada, they rate them differently, so Lippert simply labels them with the CSA rating. Note the CSA on the label in the photo on this thread. So, we have Lippert and their SAE certification that these pin boxes are rated to handle much more than what they are exposed to on our coaches.
When I get a copy of that certification letter, I'll pass it on.
ST

Not to beat a semi-conscious horse...but I just acquired an '09 3210 with a Lippert 1621HD hitch, the GVW on the VIN decal is 20,400. Has the SAE rating of 19,000 lbs. for the hitch been upgraded?

Thanks in advance,

Dave