'08 Ford F450

billd

As of now the F450 Pickup Truck is available on X Plan. Bobby Williams from Sunrise Ford in Fontana said it is now in the system when he was ordering a new truck for a customer.

Bill

BluegrassMan

Hi Billd:
I found a link on Dieselstop.com to www. Ford-Trucks.com , it is a forum like this. Free sign up, it has allot of info on the 450. It also has the brochure in a PDF file to download. I didn't get to bed till 2 am reading and drooling.

billd

Thanks for the information. I am going to get to look at and drive an 08 F450. I am a member of SOCAPS (Southern California Powerstoke Owners) and we are having a meeting at Sunrise Ford on Sunday.

Bill

gawelsh

We're in trouble - George drove a new '08 F450 today, and says it's somethin' else - compared to his '06 F350, it drives like our SUV, meaning it steers and handles so much easier. He's reading about it now, to see what changes have been made which would result in these improvements. The turning radius is apparently also smaller, which is a god-send for the crew cab towing a gigantic RV. He told our buddy who runs the dealership to put his name on that copper one already on order - he hopes we can afford it 'cause NOW HE WANTS IT !!:eek: Oh Lord, I'll be working 'til I'm 80.

Go check 'em out at your local dealer - they're big honkin' trucks and I love 'em !

C

Chulinw

The Ford dealer in town can not hold on to any of the new 08 Fords that they get in on the lot. They go in one or two days and they are getting a good price for them. Not coming down very much because the demand for them are so high. I got to see one F350 and it was gone in two hours after I return to take another look. Maybe this will help out the Ford company with the money problems.. Just have to keep looking..

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
So much for any talk of an economic slow down, I just wish houses in my area were going as fast as these 450's are. Then I'd be closer to getting one.

gawelsh

Picked up the F450

We picked up the new '08 F450 yesterday- it is the most beautiful truck I've ever laid eyes on. George and I are both like kids in a candy store - 'til we make that first payment. I'm never gonna retire:eek:

Anyway, it was a big deal over at Hoffman Ford - the sales manager, the sales staff and a couple of mechanics were out showing us all the stuff on it - those Ford engineers have done themselves proud. If you're thinking of a new truck, check 'em out. They drive so much easier than the F350 we just traded - and that was a really nice truck, too ! We're to put 500 miles on it before we tow with it - more than enough time before we head to Goshen for the Rally in 3 weeks !

jbeletti

Lindsey (and George),

I am so jealous. Those are awesome trucks. I stopped by a local Ford dealer over a month ago and crawled all over one. Then I came back to the reality that I already have a truck with less than 50,000 miles on it.

But if I had the present financial means, I'd have an order in!

Can't wait to see your new beast, JP's too. See you at the rally. Now get to driving that new monster. You'll have 500 miles on it in no time.

Jim

BluegrassMan

Guy's:
After going back and reading the posts on this subject, there have been some changes on my end. I ordered my KR 450 (8/17), the DW let me get any or all the options I wanted. Yikes! does that ever drive the price up! I hope to get it by the end of Sept.
Ford has added a few more options that previously weren't on a 450. One is a Chrome kit called (KR chrome option) and a Back up camera. The camera is in the latch handle in the tailgate, and the picture is in your rear view mirror on the one side. The chrome kit is on the tow hooks, mirrors, exhaust tips, vinyl step is replaced with the chrome bar step. I think that's all that is changed. I can't wait, I feel like a kid at Christmas.