12 volt power on the roof

Hernandd

I want to power up a flag pole that has a 24 inch LED light stick and a flashing beacon on the end of the pole. The flag pole has a 12 volt power cable running thru the inside from the light stick and beacon to the bottom of the pole. On my last trailer I had a 12 volt light switch near the ramp door and I was able to install a 12 volt socket on the out side of the trailer and tap into the 12 volt switch. I recently purchased a Cyclone 3513jm and there is no 12 volt power near the rear end of the garage. Was thinking that maybe one of the AC units might have 12 volt power. I mounted my flag pole holder on the upper left side of the ramp door near the roof ladder. Now I need to get 12 volt power to this location. Any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LBR

The 12 volt source is only about 4' away from your flag base. Remove the rear observation camera plate for the wire.....it is powered up from the front bay. You will probably need to install a fuse for that circuit, but it is 12V hot all the time for the camera system. Fishing the wire to the flagpole for a clean looking connection is in your hands however you decide to go about it.

I personally would also interupt that circuit and install a remote module that will make/break the power up in the front compartment.....this would allow you to remotely control it from inside the CY.

Hernandd

LBR
I was thinking the same thing but in my case the backup camera is powered up from my truck battery thru the 7pin connector and only gets power when the trailer is hooked up to my truck Was thinking of rewiring the camera power to the trailer power but I like the fact that the camera is only on while I'm towing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk