12V Batteries not charging on 2017 Landmark Orlando

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
All 12V lights suddenly went dim. Still have 120V lights on lines 1 and 2. Water is still good in the batteries. When I checked the battery on the panel inside, it is showing one light. Have checked all fuses and they seem to be OK. Where is the 12V battery charger located? Is there a fuse for that? If there is one, where is that fuse located?

All suggestions and recommendations appreciated!

Thanks, Frank

danemayer

The Power Converter supplies 12V DC to the fuse box and to the batteries to keep them charged. Sounds like yours is not working and the batteries are run down. Before taking things apart, check the circuit breakers. One of them supplies 120V AC to the Power Converter. Flip it OFF and ON to make sure it's not tripped.

The Converter is behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. Next thing to check is to see if it's plugged into the outlet back there. If not, when you plug it in, tie it down so it doesn't come unplugged again.

Next thing would be to check the auto style fuses on the Converter. If batteries were recently disconnected/reconnected, momentarily applying the cables in the wrong polarity will blow the fuses.

If everything looks good, you might have a broken Power Converter. A temporary workaround would be to buy a battery charger from Walmart (get the biggest you can find), and connect it directly to the battery terminals. That'll get your batteries recharged so that slides and landing gear will work, and your 12V systems will work, including the thermostats.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Frank, I had the same problem and it turned out to be the 50A manual reset mini breaker in the front bay. It had tripped and after I reset it all was well. It has an itsy, bitsy, teeny, weenie reset button on the end of the breaker. You will need to run your finger up the end of the mini breakers until you feel the button. Push it in to reset.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds like that darn manual reset button on the side of the breaker to me.
07c25c00ba026b654850ab5f52da5333.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Assuming he's on shore power, the Power Converter should supply power to the interior lights, etc. even if the breaker were tripped.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

He said he still had 120v lights on line 🤔 they are all 12v so convertor must be working ....
That's how I'm reading it

franks1

All my lights are 12v and not working.Anything that is 120v is working.I am on shore power.Saw the mini-breaker and pushed it but no click.Going to walmart to get a battery charger.Can I connect the battery charger to the red and black posts on the battery cover or do I have to open up the cover and connect the charger directly to the battery post? Thanks Frank

danemayer

All my lights are 12v and not working.Anything that is 120v is working.I am on shore power.Saw the mini-breaker and pushed it but no click.Going to walmart to get a battery charger.Can I connect the battery charger to the red and black posts on the battery cover or do I have to open up the cover and connect the charger directly to the battery post? Thanks Frank

Not sure what your red and black posts are, but you need to connect the leads to metal. Larger surface area is better.

With the battery charger connected, your 12V lights should all work and the test button should show 4 lights again instead of 1. The 4 lights is a rough indication of DC voltage on that circuit. The source can be Power Converter output, battery output, both, or in this case, the battery charger output.

The batteries will slowly recharge.

You'll need to investigate the Power Converter. The test button should have shown 4 lights and your 12V lights should have worked while on shore power, even with dead batteries, or with a tripped 12V breaker at the buss bar near the batteries.

Just an aside - are your lights operated by a KIB Multiplex Control Panel, or from individual switches?

franks1

The lights are controled by individual switches.The lights come on but dim not bright. Dan if you could call me that would be appreciated Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

The lights are controled by individual switches.The lights come on but dim not bright. Dan if you could call me that would be appreciated Thanks Frank

Frank - try this:
1. Press switch to turn light on
2. Then press and hold switch to change brightness

I'm sitting next to a switch and this is what worked for me.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Frank - try this:
1. Press switch to turn light on
2. Then press and hold switch to change brightness

I'm sitting next to a switch and this is what worked for me.
Jim your saying that with the new lighting Control system you can dim all of the lights ??
Oh man now I want that !!!! 😜

franks1

Problem solved,we had some work done with the plumbing on Friday. When they were behind the wall working the plug got unpluged somehow.Thanks to everyone who helped,this is a great forum and one of the reasons we bought a Heartland RV.Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ,now I know what it looks like back there

danemayer

Jim your saying that with the new lighting Control system you can dim all of the lights ??
Oh man now I want that !!!! 😜

Jerrod,

Not only does the new panel let you dim the lights, there's a master OFF switch on the main panel and in the bedroom. On the way out the door, one button push turns off all lights except the floor night lights. Same thing in the bedroom. When you're ready for lights out - 1 button does it all.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,

Not only does the new panel let you dim the lights, there's a master OFF switch on the main panel and in the bedroom. On the way out the door, one button push turns off all lights except the floor night lights. Same thing in the bedroom. When you're ready for lights out - 1 button does it all.
That's pretty cool. Guess it's time to upgrade. LOL
I'll wait until they bring back the Ashland floor plan though !!!