12v lighting in basement and bedroom

aRAYwego

ok guys here's my problem. The other day I noticed that my 12v lights in the basement would not come on. Also noticed that the light in the battery compartment isn't coming on. Last night noticed the reading lights above my bed are not working. Not sure where to check now. I checked the mini breaker and its not tripped. checked all breakers and fuses, no problems there. I even checked all the bulbs on the off chance they were all bad. lol So far as I can tell all other 12v items are working. I checked the converter and its plugged in and appears to be working, 14.46 volts on battery leads when plugged into shore power. I did have to disconnect the battery leads from the top of the battery box a few days ago (2 on pos side, 3 on neg side) to check levels in batteries. I'm kind of at a loss. Any other ideas?

Oregon_Camper

....I checked the converter and its plugged in and appears to be working, 14.46 volts on battery leads when plugged into shore power.

What is the battery voltage when you are disconnected from shore power?

Check the voltage at the battery and the distribution bus.

Capture.jpg

aRAYwego

Same when I take batteries out of series and check separately

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Basement and bedroom lights are likely getting power through a fuse in the main fuse box inside. If you're checking for an illuminated LED in the fusebox, that only happens when a fuse is blown AND there's a load on the circuit. So the light switches have to be ON for the LED to be illuminated with a blown fuse.

If the fuses are really all ok, you might take a look under the bed to see if the 12V is routed there and maybe has a wirenut that's come off.

Next place to check would be the wires behind each of the fixtures. Don't forget to check the light in the UDC.

aRAYwego

So Dan is correct. Udc light out as well. Will double check all fuses and possibly under bed. Don't think anything would have come disconnected as the bed slide hasn't been moved in some time. Will report back. Thanks for the ideas.

aRAYwego

The light in hitch area is also out. So whole front of trailer

aRAYwego

OK. Update. Found a wire nut that a wire had escaped from behind the basement wall. That got me everything except the basement lights.

'Lil Guy'

I thought our basement lights were out till someone pointed out that there is a master on off switch on the level up system Bet that fixes your lights A toggle on the face of your level up system., Good luck.

Oregon_Camper

I thought our basement lights were out till someone pointed out that there is a master on off switch on the level up system Bet that fixes your lights A toggle on the face of your level up system., Good luck.

I bet you're 100% correct on this one.

Nice to be able to turn both light on/off from one location, but if you don't know about that master switch....Yikes!!

'Lil Guy'

Great thing about attending the HOC rallies. Talk about a problem and you have 5 guys on hand to help you out. I have to admit, I felt kind of dumb when they asked me if I tried the master switch. Basement lights worked like a champ.

aRAYwego

I wish it were as simple as the master switch. Still no luck on the basement lights. Unfortunately or fortunately, I am packing up now to move on to our traveling portion of full timing so I wont be able to address this until we get to Mesa, Az. I'm hoping it turns out to be something simple as these types of issues normally do. Just have to have the time to search it out.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you're 100% correct on this one.

Nice to be able to turn both light on/off from one location, but if you don't know about that master switch....Yikes!!

There's a lot of betting going on in this thread. lol We have lived in our LM for nearly 3 years, happy to say I am aware of the master switch and no matter how many times I flip it, I get no lights. I did take the switch apart and checked power and nothing at the switch.

Oregon_Camper

There's a lot of betting going on in this thread. lol We have lived in our LM for nearly 3 years, happy to say I am aware of the master switch and no matter how many times I flip it, I get no lights.

Whew....good thing I just made a bet and didn't go ALL IN! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you're still having the problem.

Next, I would start by testing that main switch for 12v on both sides.