2 coax plus controller wire AND another "speaker type" wire??

dpclapham

I just pulled the wires from the area in my 2016 LM Newport to find the 2 coax cables from the UDC, the control cable and another dual colored wire that looked like maybe speaker type wire. I have no idea what that wire is. It's (red & white) I believe, not sure why it was up there or what it was for. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi dpclapham,

I'm guessing you're looking at the wiring in the bedroom. Take a look at the photo on page 45 of our Landmark 365 User Guide in this folder and see if it clears anything up.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dan I think he's taking about the satellite prep in the ceiling behind the cover plate. I'm getting ready to install my Dish 1000 next week, so I'm looking for this answer also. It's a red and white 12V wire.
There are the 2- 22" coax runs, the wire harness with plug on the end and that 1 red and white 12V wire in there.

dpclapham

Spot on Jerrod, that's the wire I'm referring to. The red and white 12V wire isn't referenced in any of the wire diagrams or documents so I'm not sure if I should run that up through the roof and terminate it for 'future' use or leave it wound up in the roof unused.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Come on Dan I'm depending on you to give us an answer on this one.
It's just a dead end wire coming in from somewhere. I'll pull it out this week and see if it's live or not. It might be a power wire for an older type dish.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Sorry,

If it's speaker wire coiled with the coax that gets brought up to the roof, and there's also a control cable, I have no idea what the speaker wire is for or where the other end would be.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: 2 coax plus controller wire AND another "speaker type" wire??

Rich H.
Said maybe it's for solar, but it's only about 16 or 18 gauge wire would solar run on that small of wire.
I guess 1 small panel could

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The wire is hot !!! 13.4 Volts
012314dc8d5788f16abbbe8211ecfd4a.jpg

2d0a9a87e74effc712696ec280f8bee1.jpg

Don't know where it's coming from.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well after a few hours of tracking down that 12V wire I found it is tied into the TV antenna booster switch in the cabinet.
Still not sure why.

jbeletti

Preliminary research indicates this is a DC line we used to prewire along with 2 coaxes PRIOR to adding the Winegard control cable. Seems we're still putting in that DC line. I guess not everyone puts a Winegard brand dish on the roof. Other brands may require a separate DC feed. If I learn more, we'll create a document on it and ask Dan M to place it in HUG or HOM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk