2 more questions about unknown lines

C-Rad

hope you all don't mind me posting another couple questions. Not sure if the same folks might answer so I figured Id start fresh with this one as my other question has been answered, didn't want to keep asking new questions in a thread about a different topic.

I have red and blue lines that extend below the passenger rear corner with valves. I was told these are the low level lines to drain everything at the lowest point. I turned one of the valves and indeed some antifreeze came out. But these are directly below my water heater but was told these have nothing to do with the water heater because they showed me another drain cap for that and the bypass valve for winterization. So are these used for flushing out the antifreeze? only reason I ask is they told me to hook up to city water and run the faucets to clear out all the antifreeze. Are these just to get the last bit out?

Second question. The lady that did my **** poor final walk around PDI said that under my sink I have plumping all set to winterize easily with a syphon hose plumbed inline that I can stick into the bottle of RV antifreeze and I run the pump?? and it will suck it into the lines for me. Sounds plausible but none of my manuals say anything about this or how to do that process. How do you know if you sucked enough antifreeze in? I have seen the hose. I looked at it but just haven't really crawled all over tracing lines to see what goes to what.

sorry to bombard with all these noob questions but all the manuals in the HOM and HUG sections plus the ones I have don't explain anything. Oh and this is a brand new 2016 prowler 26 PBHS

Conrad

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You want to close the blue pipe that leads into the bottom of the water heater and the red pipe that comes out of the top of the water heater, then open the valve that is in the middle of the pipe that is blue before the shutoff valve and red after the shutoff valve (see photo).

ProwlerWHshutoffValve-P1000759.jpg

That blue and red pipe with the shutoff in the middle is the water heater bypass valve.

You need to do this as whatever you do . . . you don't want to get any antifreeze inside of the water heater.

What you want to do is do the hot and the cold separately . . . and one faucet at a time.

I do the cold line first and go to the lowest faucet first . . . generally the outdoor shower.

Once I get the pink stuff coming out of that I close the faucet, open the low point drain until I get the pink stuff, then go to the kitchen and open that cold faucet until I get the pink stuff coming out, then the bathroom sink, then the shower . . . and last but not least, the toilet!

Then I do the same thing with the hot water water line in the same order.

Then you want to pour some of the pink stuff down each sink drain to fill the P-traps and some in the toilet bowl so that they don't freeze up . . . and to keep the odors in the tank and out of the inside of the trailer.

mlpeloquin

If you have a washer and dryer prep, don't forget to open the valves there and put some pink stuff down that drain as well.