2007 Cyclone 3795 Landing gear Problems

DeeDub

Hey guys, Im hoping someone on here can help me out. The last day of my camping trip took a dump. This occurred when I tried to extend my landing gear to raise my kingpin. I pressed the button and it just clicked... I was about 1-2 inches short of being able to connect my hitch. Luckily we camped in the dirt and I was able to dig out my truck tires so I had enough space to connect.
Here are my questions... Im sort of a noob and learning about my landing gear

Where is the manual crank connection located? I looked around, the only place I thought it could be is drivers side propane storage area. Theres a little hole in there (i'll try and post pictures in a couple of days) but the hand crank that came with the trailer wouldn't fit....

How much of a pain is it to replace these motors that operate the landing gear?

Whats a good location to jack up the front of the trailer, if your unable to hand crank? I could really find much. All the components were tin

Thanks .... the N00b

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Are they electric jacks ?
Does it have 1 switch for both jacks or 2 switches 1 for each jack ?
Do you have a full 12V or more ?
Is it still clicking when you push the button or is it dead ?
If its dead did you find the fuse and check it ?

Finally you would want to jack it up on the frame rail. one side would work if you only had 1 jack but both sides with 2 jacks would be safer.

Oregon_Camper

Did you try plugging the trailer into your truck?

From first pass at reading this, it appears your battery is too low to operate the landing gears.

Check battery voltage. Were you dry camping or connected to shore power?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That was a few weeks ago is it still doing the same thing ?
I would go through and clean and check all of your Conections. And your ground wires at the battery and the frame.
Check the fuse ofcouse but if it's clicking then it's probably not the fuse.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

beasleyrl

battery was fully charged, i have one switch for both jacks.
My prior rig was a 2009 (made January 2008) Cyclone 3912 so probably about the same age as yours. It had the electric landing gear too and seemed to have a lot of problems which I assume was due to the heavy front end on the rig. Mine would do exactly what you describe when the battery was low. I hate to say it, but do not trust the power reading on the internal push button test. When mine did this clicking, the only quick fix was to get the inverter running either by generator or by plugging in the rig to power. Generally speaking, even with the truck power connected, it would draw more power than needed on a low internal battery to raise/lower the legs.

In 2010, at the national rally, Heartland offered an upgrade to the electric landing gear system (for a price) which I took them up on. Basically the upgrade replaced the electric legs with hydraulic legs. I think that was one of the best investments I made in that rig. I never had problems after that and the speed to raise/lower was so much better! I'd highly recommend doing that if you can. It isn't a cheap investment but you won't regret it.

crazybanshee

Beasley do you have the info on the hydraulic landing gear you had installed. Planning on replacing my gear with new electric legs but would rather have hydraulic

beasleyrl

Beasley do you have the info on the hydraulic landing gear you had installed. Planning on replacing my gear with new electric legs but would rather have hydraulic
It was part of the Lippert Level up system which you see on a lot of the new rigs today. In 2010, you could buy just the replacement of the front 2 legs or you could buy it as the full 6 point system. I originally purchased just the 2 front legs but then someone talked me into going with the full 6 point system because it was only about $500 more to add the other 4 legs. All in all, the complete system was less than half of what they charge today. When we bought the new rig a few months ago, this was one of my only required options because it makes life so much easier. I don't think I would have another trailer without it. Here is a link to it - http://www.lci1.com/level-up . Good luck!

Roger