2008 Rally - Branson, Missouri - June 12-15, 2008 - General Thread

jbeletti

Hey HT - someone noticed I changed my sig!

Yeah, sold it to a nice couple from Florida on Friday. Never fear - I will be in Branson. I have a Landmark Pinehurst that went online on Friday. First outing with the new unit will be the RV.net rally in Elkhart near the end of April. It will be nice to be so close to a service center should I shake anything loose :eek:

Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Hey Jim,

Is it just my imagination, or do the Heartland Owners from over California way not like heading this far east? I'd really hate for them not to be represented. Rekon we could see if Jim & Jan could try to drag some of 'em with them when they come? Guess I do understand - it'd be real tough for me to go that far right now; DW & I still working our jobs and all. Just a thought. I was just assuming most of them have plenty of time on their hands...

jbeletti

HT,

It's about 1,800 miles from Fresno to Branson. I'd say they have a good excuse :)

We'll keep moving the big rally around a bit. We're back to Goshen in 2009. IN 2010, perhaps we'll be a bit west of Indiana...

That said, NorCal and SoCal both have some great chapter rallies planned already.

Jim

jnbhobe

Guests at rally

I know this was brought up before but I just want to be sure.If I were to have two guests buying a rally site for four of us they could stay on another site in the park not a rally site with an OB. This way they could attend rally functions and stay in thier own camper. They are potential Heartland owners.

jbeletti

Hi Patti and John,

We certainly don't want to turn away any potential buyers but it is a Heartland Owners Rally.

I'd say, have them make their own reservations with the KOA directly and stay adjacent but not within the rally sites. They can hang out with you but just can't partake in a few of our events where the costs are either covered by your rally fee or covered by one of our sponsors. An example would be an on-site catered meal and entertainment. Another would be an off-site dinner and show. Both expensive items paid for by each rally attended and/or sponsors.

One note for everyone, the two examples given above are "plans" but are not yet fully set. But I am hopeful :)

Jim

jayc

Legendary Member
Stella and I will be there! I just signed us up, planning to arrive on Wednesday the 11th and departing on Sunday.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Jim,
I just saw the picture of your new Landmark. It looks like it is 54 feet long (as long as an 18 wheeler trailer). How long is it? How about some inside photos? I guess we can wait to get the "grand tour" at the Branson Rally. It sure is pretty and looks like a "custom" paint job too. Congratulations.
Jim and Sheila Gratz & Penny, Frostie
07 Landmark "Golden Gate"
99 (antique) Ford F350

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I'm glad to be able to meet ANY of you! :)

BTW, Jim - I will have just one of my daughters with me take my DW's place in Branson.

Everyone else: My DW just changed jobs and will not be able to attend - this trip. :( Big bummer - June 12 is her birthday, too! I was hoping to have a great Heartland BD party for her!

Paul & Nan

I'll be celebrating mine the 15th as well-wonder how many BD's we'll have at the rally, could have a really big party. Jim how about Margaritaville time. Nan

jbeletti

HT,

I'll need a name and shirt size to replace Rene on the registration. PM or EM it to me and I will update. Thanks. Jim

jbeletti

Jim G (and Sheila),

I took some interior shots this week and will create a gallery on HOG soon. Below is a pic I took the other night around the campfire. Turned on the TV and RV was playing! We had about 10 around the fire that night.

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/elkhart_rally.jpg

jayc

Legendary Member
Bob and Christina, it will be good to see you again too!

Jim, can you change our arrival date to Thursday June 12th and our departure to Tuesday the 17th?

Since we won't be there to go to Lambert's with the group, we may try to go on Sunday or Monday night if anyone else is staying after the rally.

Tom of Ypsi

Jay,

We are suppose to leave on Sunday but if it is possible we are going to stay until Tuesday. If we can stay we will go to Lambert's with you. We went there last year on our way to the SW Texas rally last year and we loved it. The pictures on the walls are worth the trip but watching the rolls flying across the room is something else.

rcobb

Jim,

You can change our arrival date to Thursday June 12th and our departure to Tuesday the 17th also.

Thanks
Ricky

SmokeyBare

Here's an offer that should make everyone happy ! How about Free Show Tickets?? This offer is through the Chamber of Commerce of Branson.

Check out the link:

http://www.explorebranson.com/static/index.cfm?contentID=225

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Branson, Missouri, wants people to have fun with their economic stimulus check by vacationing in
"The Live Music Show Capital of the World.”

A new Branson promotion offers visitors two free show tickets just for bringing a copy of the stimulus check, or proof of direct deposit, to the Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce.

They also have a have a way to get additional discounts...

"Gas Buster Summer Promotion"

Here is their link to that promotion:

http://www.explorebranson.com/static/index.cfm?contentID=158

See ya at Branson !

Marv