2009 26RKS Slide Out problems

fdechaine

Hi

I just recently noticed a few things that seem to be bad with our slide out on our 2009 26RKS. We go on many trips each year so the slide gets a big workout. Note that after 5 years of use, this is the first time we've encountered problems with it

Problem 1: From the outside, looking at the slide after it is closed I can see that the lower left and lower right corners of the slide are not as flush to the body as it used to be. The gap is probably around 1/8th inch. I have checked to see if there are any obstructions but I cannot find any. How does one adjust the lowere cables to snug up the slide when closed?

Problem 2: When the same slide is being run in or out, there appears to be on area where the slide drags on the floor. It is a minor drag but that did not happen in the past.

The slide motor on the 26rks is actually above the sofa so if I have to get in there I have to put apart the entire fascia (sp) which is something I hope to avoid if at all possible

Is this something that needs urgent attention? I don't think water will get into it as the slide gaskets seem to cover the gap (maybe a bit loosely). Is this the type of work I can do myself (can usually fix things but it is always a challenge) or is it best to bring to a dealer? Dealer work, if required may be very expensive at $95 per hour

I have downloaded the book from the HOM section but truthfully I don't even know where to start.

Thanks
Frank