2009 Michigan Summer Rally all set (U.P. / St. Ignace) - August 28-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom of Ypsi

Rick sent you a PM but no bikes for Judy and I she does not want to ride that far. We will just go to Mackinaw.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Rick,

For you and The Rally attendees St. Ignace has a Fireworks display every Saturday Night in the Harbor just after Dusk.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Well the 1st Mi Heartland owners rally attendee arrived Sunday, Fred And Donna Vanassen. It is nice to talk to a fellow Heartland owners club rally attendee. Also trying to talk a Sundance owner, Ron and Sue from Wisconsin into staying for the rally.To night is a campfire,Let the party begin! TRAVELER07

rick_debbie_gallant

Debbie and I are leaving Tuesday. See ya then. Just have everyone grab some popcorn, a beer (for me) and watch us back in. No laughing or otherwise please. And if you see my wife with a baseball bat:eek: chasing me:eek::eek: would someone please tackle her, no wait wrong sport. See ya sometime tuesday.

jbeletti

I thought the MI rally started here in WI on Friday :D

We had a nice dinner with Bob and Christine (seamo), here at Apple Creek CG in DePere, WI on Friday night.

Then tonight (Sunday), Dave and Mary (cookie and mrs cookie) made us an awesome dinner.

I am looking forward to seeing "the gang" in MI, late Wednesday afternoon.

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
How are we doing for desserts for the potluck. I was thinking of bringing a logo cake from Meijer's like I did for the Goshen rally.

Also, is everyone going to the Island on Saturday?

jbeletti

I have no dessert but I like them :) At the PA rally, they had a half chocolate / half white cake side by side and frosted together. Looked like one cake but I sure liked the dark side better :)

I am going to the island. De plane! De plane!

Mrscookie

DW of a senior member
Here it is the day after the official close of the Michigan Chapter Rally. We are about 80 miles west of St Ignace in Municing on the shores of Lake Superior. 37 this morning and way to early to be that cold. We had a great time at the rally and as usual ate way too much. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Rallys are something we always look forward to. Thanks Rich and Blanca for all of your hard work putting this together. There was a large turn out, I don't know the final count but there were about 30 rigs. Oh and thanks to Steve and Sharon (sharmulst), now my DH thinks he is going to be a prospector. Just what he needs.......another hobby.
Mary

rick_debbie_gallant

Debbie and I also had a gr8 time at the rally. The food was weigh to good. Me thinks that I added another .25 stone to my 1.013889 fathom frame. It seems that I am getting under tall more and more, or is that less and less.

TRAVELER07

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU! to all,It was great to see old friends again and meet new friends.Cookie thanks for the Polish breakfast of champions,also Cookster tell Reg Thank you for picking up the breakfast.Well everyone is leaving the C.G. sure is turning quiet guess the party is over. Again THANK YOU ALL FOR COMMING!TRAVELER07

sharmulst

Thanks Rick and Blanca for the great rally. We really enjoyed meeting old friends and making new.
It is a beautiful afternoon here at Woodlands on the Lake at White Cloud, MI. There is no wind and lots of sunshine.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Hi Everyone
Had a great time at the rally inspite of all the rain. Thanks to all who worked so hard putting it together.
Our Grandaughters had a good time. The UP is beautiful!
Regards
Wayne & Gayle Wilson

wagenman

Well we made it through our first rally!! And what a great time it was :) We enjoyed meeting so many nice people and was greatful of the warm welcome from our Heartland Owners Family!! I already can not wait for our next one (we are not sure where we are going next) but it will be sooner rather then later....

Thanks to Rick and Blanka for hosting a wonderful rally... I did not know how much work went into one of these until this weekend..and wow you guys did a great job... I am proud to be in the Michigan chapter...

And I also have to thank Jim B. for giving me my first piece of a Landmark (not just any Landmark...his)..lol It is a great little modification to our screen door...

Well I hope to see you all next year....

Wagen-Man (Mike, Rebekah, Caleb and Gabe)

TRAVELER07

Thank you Tom and Bobbie Paschka (Boca-Shuffles) for the dinner Tues.night.The stir fried and salad was delish TRAVELER07

jbeletti

Nice job Rick and Blanca! Thank you. Chuck, thanks to you as well for the communication end of this rally and chapter and for the cake!

While we did have a day of rain, we made the most of the time we had. For those who came early or stayed late, other trips to see nearby points of interest was a lot of fun too.

Looking forward to the 2010 MI rally in Ludington. Chuck Batcke is our wagonmaster for that rally.

jbeletti

I liked the island. It was "charming". I am sure my wife would love the island. Maybe I can bring her back here at some point.

We took a carriage ride (9 of us). I feel it was worth it to see a lot of the island and still have strength to walk or even bike before or after.

Joann's Fudge Shope - recommended!! Try the white almond bark :)

ricatic

Debbie and I would also like to thank all that made the rally successful. Even with the rain we had a great time. We are looking forward to seeing our new friends down the road at another rally

Ricatic

Status
Not open for further replies.