2011 Augusta bathroom pocket door guts sliding out of veener.

Redwolf

How can i glue the insides of the door to the veneer? Its sliding out of the top.
I don't want to use fasteners through the veneer. The inside of the door is where it hangs to the pocket door rollers. How can I get the "insides" of the door back in line with the veneer. Thanks.

rhodies1

Chances sre that you will need to take it off the rollers. Once you do that and if you can determine that the inside will slide back into the veneer easily ….put gorilla glue on the inside guts and tap it back into place. You will need to allow the door to dry before you re- hang.

Redwolf

Trying to avoid taking it off the roller track. I can lift the door up from the bottom with my foot and the guts slide back into the outside (veneer) of the door. The guts only slide out maybe an inch ans stop. And it's only sliding out from the top on one side.
I could gorilla glue it while still on the track and place something under the bottom of the door while the glue dries. My concern is. If I put glue on the guts part (solid inner door piece), when I lift the door up with my foot to make the inner line up with the outer, the glue will be pushed up and out. What do you think if I drill small holes in the guts part while it separated from the veneer. Fill those holes with the glue. Then lift up with my foot from the bottom and the guts slides back. Place a spacer under the door until glue cures. I'm trying to avoid fasteners that would show on the outside of the door.
Thanks for your ideas. Let me know

rhodies1

You do not need to smear the inner section with a lot of glue. I would just put it on the inner piece . Smooth it out with a small purce of wood to make the glue even. Lift the door back up in place snd block until dry. Gorilla glue dies pretty quick.

Redwolf

20240706_064443.jpg
You do not need to smear the inner section with a lot of glue. I would just put it on the inner piece . Smooth it out with a small purce of wood to make the glue even. Lift the door back up in place snd block until dry. Gorilla glue dies pretty quick.
Hey, thanks! Much appreciated!

hoefler

In your picture, the white piece is the lock, push the left side back to unlock. Then lift the door to take the weight off and slide the pin to the left and the door will come loose to remove.