2011 Big Country 3250TS is new to us

RichC3

My wife Pat and I just bought a used 2011 Big Country 3250TS. We are stepping up from a 2000 Sunnybrook 31BWFS. We were able to sell the Sunnybrook on Craigslist in 2 days. Pat listed it on Sat. Nov. 2, a couple looked at it on Monday, they told us Monday evening they were going to buy it, gave us a deposit on Tuesday and we delivered it to them Friday afternoon. Then left 5:00 AM Sat. morning to drive to Delaware to look at what became our new camper. We were without a camper for less than 24 hours. I joined this forum to learn more about the Heartland Big Country. I do have 2 questions.

1. From what I have read and seen online the 2011 3250TS has 2 gray water holding tanks totaling 90 gal. I looked behind the angled panel in the pass through and see that the kitchen sink, bath sink, and shower all merge into one pipe going to the holding tank. In the Universal Docking Center there are 2 Gray Water handles. Gray 1 handle has resistance when I pull it which is opening the valve. The Gray 2 handle has NO RESISTANCE like the cable is either broken or not connected to a valve. Can someone tell me is there 2 independant gray water tanks with separate valves, or are the 2 gray tanks connected by a crossover pipe and there is only one valve controlled by the Gray 1 handle? I am trying to determin do I have a holding tank problem or the there, but does not control a dump valve. I do not want to go digging into the underbelly investigating a problem that does not exist.

2. This is a small item, but I have yet to discover where the TV Antenna Power switch is located. Any hints? I still have to pull out the Jensen radio to find the antenna connection for the main TV. The previous owner used satelite connections to the TV.

We are looking forward to camping in the Big Country. We just completed spending October as camp host at Douthat State Park near Clifton Forge VA and plan to volunteer as camp host 3 months in 2014. We plan to be spending about 1/3 of 2014 camping.

Rich

jimtoo

HI RichC3,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am pretty sure you have 2 holding tanks for the gray water, unless it has been changed by someone. I'm sure we will get some answers from some of the Big Country owners.

For your antenna off air amp switch look in the bedroom near where the TV mounts or is located.

Enjoy the forum and check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally when you can.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

I also have a 2011 BC 3250TS. The switch you are looking for is above the opening for a TV in the bedroom on the antenna plate. It's pretty small and when it's on a red LED will come on next to it. There are 2 grey tanks and a black tank. I also have a cable that is disconnected just like yours. The first thing you should get is called a spin on valve. It's a valve that goes on your sewer pipe right where the sewer hose connects. Even when you valves are all working properly they will leak a little. Nothing like getting a shower when you remove the sewer cap to put the hose on. My cable hasn't worked for a couple years. I might fix it, might not. The spin on valve will stay in place without a problem. If you aren't comfortable with that glue it on or put a wrap of Gorilla tape around it. It makes a great backup and you can fix the bad cable when or if you decide to. The TV antenna connection is in the wall behind the TV in the living room. You don't have to remove the stereo to get at it, It's right there on the wall. You will enjoy your Big Country....Don