2011 Bigh Horn shower faucet replacement

Ornofrk

I need to replace my shower faucet (leaking around threaded nylon fixture where shower hose attaches) in my 2011 Big Horn 3670. It appears that when I unscrew the circular access panel directly under the faucet, I can reach up and disconnect the supply pipes from the rear of the fixture. Will this release the faucet from the wall? Or, is there some way to unscrew the handles from the fixture (screw them off counter clockwise) to cause the faucet to separate from the wall?

Jerry O.
2011 3670 Big Horn

rcofd2

If there is a hot & cold handles each one in the back of the wall has a plastic nut on them you can just turn it by your hand .. its tight but not to hard to do. the water nuts my be on tighter, undo the hot & cold lines, then you can get to the other ones that hold it to the wall.

farside291

I could not get the nuts loose through the hole in the shower. I have a front bath in mine. I had to remove the door to the bathroom, remove the door frame attached to the wall. Its only held with 3 staples and the screws that hold the door hinges. Then I was able to carefully pull the wall board back far enough to get a pair of pliers on the hot and cold water lines. Real pain, but next time I will be able to go through the hole in the shower. Camping world used to sell a shower faucet with brass internals. I was no where near a camping world when mine blew so I replaced with a cheap plastic one. Here is the link to the brass one. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/chrome-finish-shower-valve-w-d-spud/13273