2011 Cyclone 3800 front bedroom duct

Hello, I am looking to remove my bedroom fantastic fan and replace it with a ac unit, I would like it to be tied into the duct work, the question is does anybody know for a fact if the duct work is there to tie into on a 2011 cyclone 3800? I want to order the ac and hardware and I want to know this can be done before I buy everything. I hate the fact of installing a non ducted unit. Thanks for the help

danemayer

Hi 3800,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

On our 2011 Landmark, the factory installed bedroom A/C unit is not tied into the ducts for the living room A/C unit. I believe Heartland worked with Dometic to redesign the ductwork and A/C units a few years after ours, calling it Whisper Quiet. After that, some other models moved to a similar design called Cir-q-lair.

On those units, the ducts on one side of the coach are for outflow and the ducts on the others side are air returns. I'd expect your 2011 doesn't have this duct design.

So I think you'd have 2 problems: First, the ducts in the bedroom are probably in the wrong place to tie into. Second, the airflow design would probably not work as well as on a unit where the ducts have been designed for multiple A/C units.

I'm pretty sure you'll end up with a non-ducted bedroom unit, just like everyone else with a 2011 coach.

Thanks DANEMAYER, if I cant tie into the ductwork I will buy a smaller unit (13500btu) the 15000 would be oversized for a non ducted unit in that small of a room.