2011 F250 Super Duty Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) Sensor Recall

pegmikef

Did all owners of this vehicle get a notice regarding the problems with this sensor or was my VIN just one of the lucky ones. Has anybody actually had a problem with this. According to the notice the sensor may become inoperative and cause the Check Engine light to come on and engine power may be reduced under some conditions. The fix is apparently reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module and NOx Sensor module and to replace them if required. Ford will do it free, and it takes a less than 1/2 of a day. And then the threat that not having this fix done in a timely manner can result in Ford denying coverage of any vehicle damage caused (blamed) on it not being fixed. . . . who decides what a timely manner is since I have had my vehicle 14 months and have 16k miles on it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I got it yesterday for my 2012 F350. Haven't had a problem, but I'll get it fixed at my first scheduled service.

ncc1701e

I got my nice little letter on Friday. Have an appointment on Tuesday to get the fix. I've only got 7500 miles on the truck and no issues. I'll let you guys know what Ford does as a fix after Tuesday.

jnbhobe

I got the letter, talked to my service manager who said it takes about 45 min. to do. I'll get it done one of these days when I'm out that way. He has only seen one bad one.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Mine was in for service on Thursday and they took care of it then (before I got the notice). They had the truck for less than a hour.

I just had mine done today. If you have a programmer, they will unplug it and leave it. The techs did tell me that if I used the programmer again, that the NOX calibration installed would be wiped and I would be back to the "problem" area. Does anybody know if the Bullydog GT update for this recall has been done yet? I'm looking for info and will re-post if I have an update.

ricatic

I am on my third sensor...and the CEL's just keep coming. They go on and off at random times. Truck has been back 3 times for the problem...still no resolution...I just drive it until the light goes out...I could fix the problem with some electrical tape, I guess...

Regards

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Strange...just had a Nox sensor go out on our 2011 Chevy...replaced under warranty. Wonder if this is something that's coming from the use of DEF??? No recall from Chevy...yet...