2011 Greystone 33QS

fontenmg

Hello All, New Guy Here,
I am currently considering purchasing a 2011 Graystone 33QS, we had originally seen the the floor plan in a 2013 Elkridge that has since been sold. Is there a preference between the Graystone 33QS & the Elkridge 34QSRL? What is your opinion on a 2011 vs 2013 year model.
Trailer looks clean, new tires, awning & new front AC.
All Comments welcome.
Thank You Mike

jimtoo

Hi fontenmg,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some opinions for you about the Graystone and Elkridge lines.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you become an owner and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

From what I've seen the gray gelcoat on the front cap will fade out and turn white unless it has been painted. Every one of them along with the gray colored Big Countries will do this. The cost to have it painted and the decals replaced will be in the $1500.00 range. Don't expect any help from heartland at this stage. They were helping the original owners when they were a year or two old. If the new tires are anything but Maxxis, Goodyear G614 (not Marathons) Sailun or any number of American made LT tires they are worth absolutely nothing and should be replaced with any of the previously listed before you use it. Otherwise they are a nice solid unit that you will enjoy...Don

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If the front cap hasn't faded by now, it probably won't. Keep it waxed with a product like Rejex and try to store it with the front away from the direct afternoon sun. I think the factory got the paint issue corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fontenmg

Thank You all for your input, but i decided to pull the trigger & purchase the 2011 Graystone 33QS.
Hopefully picking it up Saturday or Sunday, I'm sure you'll be seeing me on here quite often.
Thanks for all of the help.
Mike

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Thank You all for your input, but i decided to pull the trigger & purchase the 2011 Graystone 33QS.
Hopefully picking it up Saturday or Sunday, I'm sure you'll be seeing me on here quite often.
Thanks for all of the help.
Mike

Congrats on the new Graystone!! There were several at the Heartland rally last week. Sharp rig!!

fontenmg

Congrats on the new Graystone!! There were several at the Heartland rally last week. Sharp rig!!
Thanks JWalker,
We can't wait to start using it, we're looking at maybe the beach for the 4th & Fredricksburg TX later in July with my brother & friends.
It's time to start camping again, it's been way to long!!

Kbvols

Congrats on the 33 QS! That is the same model we have and we love it. I have had no issues with fading. I use Mequire's #50 marine wax on the cap and regular Mequire's on the sides. Hope you enjoy!

fontenmg

Congrats on the 33 QS! That is the same model we have and we love it. I have had no issues with fading. I use Mequire's #50 marine wax on the cap and regular Mequire's on the sides. Hope you enjoy!
Thanks Kbvols,
We had a Forrest River Wildcat prior to this but sold it because of so many kid activities, but now that there older, two in college & one high school senior, the wife & I plan on taking a lot of road trips!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Congrats on your new Heartland Graystone!

Be sure to join the Heartland Owners Club (HOC) and come to the rallies!

We are taking our new Heartland 5th-wheel out this weekend for it's maiden voyage . . . and meeting up with several Arizona and Colorado HOC members for an improptu mini-HOC camp out and Meet & Greet!