2011 Heartland BigHorn 3585RL thermostat/ Dometic

bnonut

We really like our Heartland BigHorn. The Dometic thermostat has not been working so I replaced it with a Lux products DMH 110. Nothing works now?
The fuse center had #16 LED lit changed the fuse. No breakers kicked. Would the Dometic AC unit have a fuse?

Mark

danemayer

Hi bnonut,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I think the Lux unit you chose is for residential 24V systems. The Dometic Single Zone Digital Thermostat is specifically designed to run on 12V and communicate with the air conditioner as well as operate a relay to run the furnace.

It's probably just not compatible.

What was wrong with the Dometic thermostat?

bnonut

Hi bnonut,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I think the Lux unit you chose is for residential 24V systems. The Dometic Single Zone Digital Thermostat is specifically designed to run on 12V and communicate with the air conditioner as well as operate a relay to run the furnace.

It's probably just not compatible.

What was wrong with the Dometic thermostat?

Would not work. Set for 72 and temp was 63. Outside 52.

Wired the dometic back and now will not work.

Thanks Dave.

Mark

danemayer

If it doesn't do anything at all, the wires may be connected to the wrong terminals. I'm not positive, but I think if you have 3 wires, the Red/White goes to the +12 terminal, Black wire to the -12 Terminal, and Orange to the COMMS terminal.

Do you have a heat source in the basement? You may have had hot air rising behind the wall confusing the thermostat. If you get it running again, cycle it to OFF and press the + or - button to display the ambient temperature the thermostat is sensing. If it's reading a high ambient temp for some reason, it'll never turn the furnace on.

Good morning everyone,

I was not even aware of the TSB that was sent out on this issue. Doesn't surprise me that my dealership wouldn't mention it either. I came to the forum with a different question when i read this.

My question is about the Dometic CCC2 thermostat. I have the owners/operator manual but my question was not addressed.
Now for me to feel like an idiot. I programed the thermostat to come on at 0500 and shut down at 0700. that function works fine. Problem is, when i come home in the late afternoon i can't manually turn on the system and have to reprogram the system to turn on the A/C. And now i can't turn the program feature off to just use the thermostat "on demand". The manual tells me how to set the program but not how to turn it off. Any help please.