2011 Model Year Bighorn Changes

FARMER45

If you go to pharrrv.com they have pictures of the new big horn 3585rl and new 3610 re . The 3610 is the one we ordered and when it came in did not like the bathroom, so we reordered and got a 3585 waiting for it to come in last of jan

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim
We are new to the forum and SOON TO BE HEARTLAND OWNERS!!! Thanks for your input, each comment helps us make a more informed decision on our new home. You are correct that everyone would not want the same options or even standards in some cases. Looking forward to making our purchase in the next few weeks.
sher524, Welcome to the Heartland Forum and hopefully to our Family soon. Good luck with your decision and we hope to have you as an owner very soon.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hello, new to the forum. Will these features also be on the Bighorn Titanium Edition? Thanks!
c17lm, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Here is a LINK to a discussion about the new Bighorn Titanium, It may have answers you are looking for. Please feel free to browse around and ask anything that will help you find the right rig for you.

c17lm

Thanks Ray! I've pretty much looked through all of the Ti discussions. I like all of the standard features on the new BH's and think it is a great thing that BH has improved upon the Ti design. BTW I have family from the Wisconsin Rapids area. I am also interested in the Greystone by BH. Not much on their section of the forums though.

I have not seen my new 2011 3585 yet. It was built in January 2011. I see some 2011's with the outside speakers and some without. Anyone know when this change took place. Really like to have the speakers.

Tim

K

karykatz

We started putting Outside Speakers on Bighorn in December 2010. I hope this helps.

Kary Thanks, not exactly sure when mine was built Serial number is BE 230883 would you if this unit has the speakers.

Appreciate it.

Tim

K

karykatz

Tim,

According to your vin number, this unit was built before we started installing exterior speakers.

We ordered a 2011 3585rl in March 2011 and it arrived April 20th. Now the dealership is calling it a 2012. Weird!? Before we ordered it we looked at several dealer websites and I too noticed the fireplace was on the left or on the right depending on which camper I was looking at. So when we ordered it we didn't know what we were getting. Also depending on the website the bathroom sink was either ceramic top with cover or just a regular sink. I also noticed that the 2012 3585rl have the gel coated fiberglass but I don't know if we got that or not. Our dealer told us there is no certain way on how the factory builds these things. Also weird.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think I would disagree with your dealer. Gel Cote is a special order option. They don't just put it on a rig unless the dealer orders it that way. Late in the model year things will change in anticipation of the new year.
In our 2011, 3585RL the fireplace is on the left. The new models they have moved the FP to the right. I think I would prefer it on the right.
Just my opinion.

Peace
Dave

I think I would disagree with your dealer. Gel Cote is a special order option. They don't just put it on a rig unless the dealer orders it that way. Late in the model year things will change in anticipation of the new year.
In our 2011, 3585RL the fireplace is on the left. The new models they have moved the FP to the right. I think I would prefer it on the right.
Just my opinion.

Peace
Dave

Our salesman sent pics of our camper and we lucked out because the FP is on the right.And we got the ceramic top BR sink. Also is the 2012 gel coat fiberglass option the same as the 2011 high gloss fiberglass option? Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know for sure but I would think the 2012 would be the same as the 2011. The 2011 brochure states "High Gloss Exterior" as an option.
When do you plan on picking up your new rig?

K

karykatz

High Gloss is an option. It will list it on the Dealers MSRP sheet under options - "High Gloss Exterior Sidewalls"

I hope this helps.

We are going to see it for the first time in Owatonna, Mn on May 7th to do the PDI inspect and sign papers. Then hopefully on or around May 18th Noble RV is transporting it to Ash River Trail in NE MN to be placed on our seasonal spot. We can't wait especially after reading about all the fun and experiences you and everyone else is having with camping in your Bighorn.

Thanks for your reply Kary. I didn't originally order it but it is okay. It still looks nice from the pics I've seen of it.

Congrats on your purchase. My wife and I ordered a BH 3185 for a few short trips a year and a place to sleep when we visit her parents. I have been lurking around here for a few weeks and learning all kinds of neat things from the folks that "have been to the mountaintop!"
We did see a 2012 model and noticed Heartland has found a permanent fix for the "half-barrel" kitchen cabinet. I was hoping for more robust hardware but alas...it's just gone.
We are excited and can hardly wait to get our unit though. Since we both still work it is going to be very difficult to meet the folks paying attention to this forum. I am envious of no man for any possession or relationship but gosh darn it, I am envious of those that have time to finally relax and smell the roses! To borrow the quote from another poster - - - "Life is like a roll of toilet paper...it goes faster the closer you get to the end."

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Welcome to the forum Almost retired.

We are waiting for the new 3685RL to start production on June 6th. Want to look at one in person and then decide what to upgrade to-if anything.
Here is the new floor plan

bh3685rl.jpg

It has EVERY requirement that we we have. It is the only floorplan that we have found that does other than 1 SOB. Tired of looking and researching-hope this floorplan is everything it appears to be.