2011 Model Year Bighorn Changes

Rob_Fla

Wow, did not know they were coming out with that floorplan in the BH, I like that one, lots of open space in the rear, private bath and W/D not in the bedroom, pretty cool.
I will keep a eye out for that one!!!!!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yeah there sure is. Just about right. Ther only needs tO be a better coat closet and a cabinet one the side big enough for a box of cereal. Atleast how we have ours. But we are working those things out. That coach is a nice one also. I hope it comes out soon so you can get to see it. I know how it is to see it on paper and not in person. Michael

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the forum Almost retired.

We are waiting for the new 3685RL to start production on June 6th. Want to look at one in person and then decide what to upgrade to-if anything.
Here is the new floor plan

View attachment 13301

It has EVERY requirement that we we have. It is the only floorplan that we have found that does other than 1 SOB. Tired of looking and researching-hope this floorplan is everything it appears to be.
Larry, is that a little desk area in the bedroom adjacent to the shower wall? I like the overall layout but I really like the desk area in my 3400RL. I can compute and watch TV almost at the same time.;)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Almost Retired, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. Enjoy your new rig, especially while at the in-laws...:D;)

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Not sure if that is a desk or maybe a hamper or seat?? No idea and this is the only information I can find on this floorplan. I am sure they have a built a proto type????? but dont know that either. It appears to me that the back half is similar to the 2650 BC or KL in which case there would be a desk by the rear TV.
Matter of fact, other than floorplan, anything is a guess. We are going to call the factory this week and see if they can come up with any specs. Have no idea even how long it is but am guessing between 36 and 38.

K

karykatz

SouthernNights,

Cant wait for you to see the new 3685RL. It is awesome. The little area next to the dresser is a padded seat with storage. I hope this answers all your questions.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Kary. I did speak with Ron Dickerson this morning.
Here are the specs that he gave through Butch at RVS for Less.
Pin weight 2350
Dry weight 12144
Length 38'11"

Kary, I also understand that it is in production already. Very nice unit-good luck with it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
SouthernNights - sounds like the BH 3685 is everything that ya'll wanted. Let us know if ya get one!!
B--

YaShouldaGotaDiesel

Great Floorplan! I could not ask for more, but then I have not seen one yet. We are going to our local dealer today to get pricing on a BC3650RL. This new BigHorn may just hold us up for another couple months of research. I'm excited about the BH and depressed that I may have to wait even longer.
Nothing has moved us away the BC3650rl, until now. Darn It!!

Kary Katzenberger could please kept us informed as to where we can see one of these. We're just about to order.

K

karykatz

Steve & Nonna,

We are in full production of the 3685RL. They will start Shipping to dealers next week. Where are you from and will recommend the closest dealer that will have one soon.

Hope this helps.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Kary, just curious, is the 3685 floorplan on the Heartland website, if not where can I see the specs? And does it require a one ton to tow or would a 3/4 ton suffice? And is it 2012 or 2011 model year?

Last edited:
Yes, we finally picked up the 2012 3185. Have had it home for about a week and have been stocking up & "decorating.". We are very lucky to have a dealer that is really good AND competitive only 20 miles from us. So far, we have had zero reason to return anything for warranty. The only defect I found was some weatherstripping needing additional adhesive and two fender supports were missing screws. Took all of 7 minutes and 12 seconds for me to fix it myself. I am really pleased. I have a Superglide hitch and it towed like a dream. We will have it out for a couple weeks the last week of June and first week of July. Will provide an update then.

Moderator: Please feel free to move this where it belongs...I'm nearly a virgin.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We have our 3185 about 3 weeks now and its great did one weekend trip and have two weeks planned for the start of July. I had a couple of repairs I handle myself but overall its a beautiful unit.

Sorry but I have not seen the 2013. We've been very pleased with our 2012. You should make sure you order the level up system for factory install. It is much more affordable than adding it later and it is really slick.

K

karykatz

Floridarvers,

Not many changes in the 2013 vs 2012. Except for some minor cosmetic changes, the biggest change is eliminating the keyless entry feature and going with a wireless remote system that controls the slide rooms, power awning, front landing gear and entry step light. We also added a Motion Sensor Front entry door light.

I hope this helps. Congrats on the purchase of your new 3185.