2012 Absentee Voting...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well it is getting close to Voting time. As a fulltimer in Texas and us being in Maine and won't be back to our voting county I have to request an Absentee Voting Ballet.

Being that I am an Escapee member the club will assist us in getting our voting ballets so we can vote.

I already have my Application for Ballot by Mail form. When I return the form the County Clerk will send me a ballot. However I can't request a ballot to be sent to me at my normal address because I am not there. If I were at my address I could vote by early ballot or normal ballot. Now I don't want to stay in a campground until I get my ballot so the Escapees has an address to send the ballots which will be transferred to me by my normal mail. I can't send my Application for Ballot until after Sept 7th, otherwise the county will just trash it.

If anyone is outside their voting county, in Texas anyway, will have to have their ballot sent to an address outside their county, unless your 65 or over you can have it sent to a relative.

This thread is to be sure those of us that are not going to be in their voting county can ask questions and get information. It is important for everyone to vote reguardless of your political choice, which is not to be discussed on this thread. If so, I am expressing now, for the moderators to remove any post that has anything to do outside of voting, applications, and registration.

Again, get out and Vote. Regardless of your party affiliation. Make this thread informative.

Thank you
BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
On our way south we'll swing through IL to visit Family and pick up our absentee ballots. It's too bad with all of the technology we have, secure voting on line isn't available.

AnnR

Great reminder TXBobcat! It amazes (and horrifies) me that so many Americans don't use their voting rights! In Wisconsin you can vote early at your county clerk's office (in the county where you are registered to vote) for any reason - even if you just don't want to stand in line on election day. So any Cheeseheads heading for warmer weather remember to vote before you leave. Then you won't have to worry about receiving an absentee ballot in the mail. Couldn't be easier (unless it was online).

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Same in Texas. You can vote absentee as long as you are in your county. However many of us in this lifestyle are not in our county most of the year. I will only be in Polk County around the end of February. Won't get to my daughters until about the 2nd week of November. So we have to go through all the hoops to vote.

Just remember, Vote. It is your right and if you don't some day you may have that taken away. Remember the frog...

BC

Last edited: