2012 Chevy with Hauler bed..

Delaine and Lindy

I made a few calls and was told that the CM Hauler beds average of all the Hauler beds will be about 1,300 lbs. I'm sure it is heavier than than the OEM beds by 400 to 600 lbs. The CM bed are STEEL not sheet medal. The Chariot Vans hauler I had on my Chevy Kodiak Hauler bed, I was told it took 4 men to set it on the Truck. It was a 6 box bed and all Aluminum. I really don't know the correct weight but I will try and get my 2012 on the scales, but it will be different because I have a 45 gal fuel tank mounted on the bed. As for as looking I see no difference in the way the truck sets, looks the same. But I don't give it a though, it sets on a GM Truck... nothing to worry about..... Happy Trails.....

P.S. If someone get the correct weight let me know...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I made a few calls and was told that the CM Hauler beds average of all the Hauler beds will be about 1,300 lbs. I'm sure it is heavier than than the OEM beds by 400 to 600 lbs. The CM bed are STEEL not sheet medal. The Chariot Vans hauler I had on my Chevy Kodiak Hauler bed, I was told it took 4 men to set it on the Truck. It was a 6 box bed and all Aluminum. I really don't know the correct weight but I will try and get my 2012 on the scales, but it will be different because I have a 45 gal fuel tank mounted on the bed. As for as looking I see no difference in the way the truck sets, looks the same. But I don't give it a though, it sets on a GM Truck... nothing to worry about..... Happy Trails.....

P.S. If someone get the correct weight let me know...

Just curious as how much your Mobile Suites weighs. Are you over the max weight on your Chevy TV?

Delaine and Lindy

Jim the last time I got the weight on the Suites it was 17,500 lbs. Our tow rating for the 2011 Chevy was 21,700 I think it was raised in 2012. When we had a Cambridge by Keystone the Truck a 2005 Chevy 3500 weight was 24,600, and a Chevy Kodiak 4500 the weight was 2,600. I have never had a issue with GM 3500HD's on weight I was over gross on some of to older 3500HDs. I also had a 2007 Chevy Classic all did a great job. I did have Disk Brakes on the 5th wheels..... When we start back to Tennessee in April I will fuel up both tanks (81 Gals) and get the correct weight.. I will have to check up on the gross Tow rating for the Truck and 5th wheel. I also know about 60% of those towing the Suites are over gross.. Happy Trails.....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim the last time I got the weight on the Suites it was 17,500 lbs. Our tow rating for the 2011 Chevy was 21,700 I think it was raised in 2012. When we had a Cambridge by Keystone the Truck a 2005 Chevy 3500 weight was 24,600, and a Chevy Kodiak 4500 the weight was 2,600. I have never had a issue with GM 3500HD's on weight I was over gross on some of to older 3500HDs. I also had a 2007 Chevy Classic all did a great job. I did have Disk Brakes on the 5th wheels..... When we start back to Tennessee in April I will fuel up both tanks (81 Gals) and get the correct weight.. I will have to check up on the gross Tow rating for the Truck and 5th wheel. I also know about 60% of those towing the Suites are over gross.. Happy Trails.....

Thanks. I was wondering about the F350 towing the Mobile Suites as I see many Medium Duty trucks towing the DRV 5ers. I figured they must be heavier than the Landmarks or Big Horns.

Delaine and Lindy

Jim I don't know what the Select Suites weight is but the Elite Suites is 20,000 lbs and the Mobile Suites is 18,500 lbs max Loaded weights. The Drv tri-alxes are 43' in length don't know their weights... Happy Trails....