2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnclevel

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

The only problem I saw with the registration process was that to change from your site in 2011, hoping to upgrade, there was no way to know if you would get a worse site. Because I am traveling with other Georgia chapter members, I would like to be located in the same area. Not sure how to let anyone know this, though.

jbeletti

The only problem I saw with the registration process was that to change from your site in 2011, hoping to upgrade, there was no way to know if you would get a worse site. Because I am traveling with other Georgia chapter members, I would like to be located in the same area. Not sure how to let anyone know this, though.

Very difficult to do group sitings in any of the full-hookup site area as what is open looks like Swiss cheese - an open here and an open there. Nothing really contiguous. We CAN do this in the 30 amp power / water only site area. For this, we will take group requests

ihsolutions

Never being one to follow directions, I put "NORTHWEST" in the field where we were supposed to indicate whether we wanted our same site as 2011, or "OTHER". I'm hoping to get placed somewhere up in that area.

I probably deserve ten lashes with a flattened Lippert leaf spring for that one...

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

I see that a lot of people want to have sites together with their respective Chapters. Since that doesn't seem to be an option (other than in the 30 amp site area) take it as an opportunity to meet other members of this great Heartland family of ours! You never know your neighbors (whom you may have never met before) at the rally may become your new best friends!

TXTiger

Last year Gillette, WY was my first rally since I had purchased my Cyclone just a month before the rally. Everyone was new to me and I had a great time meeting my neighbors and many others who I am looking forward to seeing again this year in Goshen.

dieselsweetheart

I agree with Kelly. One of the reasons we get together for the National rally is to meet other Heartland owners we haven't met before. Studies show (yes, I've done one) that people who are grouped together according to culture (PA, MO, CA, Fl, etc) do not venture out to meet those of other cultures. Besides, don't you see your own state members enough anyway??

Remember, a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

shovelguy

i agree with kelly. One of the reasons we get together for the national rally is to meet other heartland owners we haven't met before. Studies show (yes, i've done one) that people who are grouped together according to culture (pa, mo, ca, fl, etc) do not venture out to meet those of other cultures. Besides, don't you see your own state members enough anyway??

amen!!!

jbeletti

A new link has been generated for the Rally Attendee Directory. We had trouble with some data in the old report. Find the a link to the Rally Attendee Directory and other rally documentation (agendas and more) in the Rally Documentation thread here.

GETnBYE

Me three! I think it's funny when we go to a meet and greet and don't do those two things except with folks we already know. Even though we love our old friends:), new is good too.:rolleyes: I guess we have to be forced into new habits.

I agree with Kelly. One of the reasons we get together for the National rally is to meet other Heartland owners we haven't met before. Studies show (yes, I've done one) that people who are grouped together according to culture (PA, MO, CA, Fl, etc) do not venture out to meet those of other cultures. Besides, don't you see your own state members enough anyway??

olcoon

My ex-wife (thank God) used to get upset with me because I can start talking to someone I've never met & talk with them like we've known each other all our lives. I think it was Will Rogers who said "I've never met a stranger".

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

My ex-wife (thank God) used to get upset with me because I can start talking to someone I've never met & talk with them like we've known each other all our lives. I think it was Will Rogers who said "I've never met a stranger".

I can vouch for that, Roy! It was so good to meet you and Sally on Sunday and we're both looking forward to getting to know even better!

traveler44

I think Will Rogers owns that tollway that cost me $9.50 for 35 miles when we went through Oklahoma. So I told Mary it's no wonder he likes people so much. Tom

jimtoo

I think Will Rogers owns that tollway that cost me $9.50 for 35 miles when we went through Oklahoma. So I told Mary it's no wonder he likes people so much. Tom

Which highway (tollway) was that??? we will be going through Ok. in June.

Jim M

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

I went on I-44 between Oklahoma City and the Oklahoma - Missouri state line with my trailer (4 axles), and it cost me $19.50.

olcoon

I don't remember what we had to pay on the way down here, but we paid the toll, got a receipt, got off at the next exit & they asked how far we had traveled & I told them from the toll booth, & showed them our receipt, & got around $4.00 back! If I remember right, we got off on 69 Hwy. Also, anyone going through there that is a Munzee hunter, there is a virtual Munzee at the toll booth & also one at the McDonalds you drive under. You don't have to stop, just be within 300' of it & hit the capture button.

Jim, I think it was the Will Rogers Turnpike

olcoon

If you didn't go the Gillette Rally, you missed out on it. Bernie Ver Hey (happykraut on here) put on a seminar on Geocaching & Munzee hunting. It's something like Geocaching, but you use your smart phone or Android phone. You are looking for a QR code (something like a bar code) that someone has put out. You scan it with your phone for points. Basically the points are just for bragging rights, but occasionally they will hand out prizes. Bernie said he's gotten coupons for different food items, etc. They just closed a contest where the winner got a gold coin valued at, I think, either $100.00 or $200.00. A few months ago they gave away an X-Box. You have to download a free app & you are good to go. Go to this website to learn more about it.

happykraut

What is a "MUNZEE"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
To learn more, you can read the article I wrote in the HEARTLAND HIGHLIGHTS 2012 Q4 p14. Check it out here. //heartlandowners.org/club/other/newsletters/2012-Q4_Heartland_Highlights.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.