2013 Goshen Rally - Storm Shelters at Venue

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
For those of you unfamiliar with tornado-capable weather, please keep in mind, if there are tornado warning sirens going off outside, that means you are in imminent danger, and should take shelter immediately! :eek:

shovelguy

For those of you unfamiliar with tornado-capable weather, please keep in mind, if there are tornado warning sirens going off outside, that means you are in imminent danger, and should take shelter immediately! :eek:

AMEN! to that. We have experienced tornado weather and stays in park storm shelters twice and I am a firm believer.

danemayer

With the risk of severe weather over the next 24 hours, I wanted to pop this info to top of list. Now would be the time to download the file and figure out where the nearest shelter is located.

There are 3 storm shelters at this venue.

ECCC BUILDING
In our main rally hall, the ECCC building, there is a lower level meeting room that is below ground. It's on the west end of the building. It can be accessed from the outside (unlocked door on west end) and from the inside during the day (via the History Room - LTA presentations room).

BUILDING A
As you go south from the NW camping section, there is a line of buildings in a north-south orientation. At the far south end is a very large metal building referred to as Building A. At the southwest corner of Building A is a bathhouse. The bathhouse of constructed of concrete block and is designated as a storm shelter.

FAMILY HOME ARTS BUILDING
Near the center of the venue, just south of the rally hall (ECCC) on Maple Street is a building referred to as Family Home Arts. At the front of this building is a bathhouse. The bathhouse is constructed of concrete block and is designated as a storm shelter.

MAP
Below is a map of the layout of the venue. I have heavily annotated the map to show the locations of the 3 designated storm shelters. I have also noted GATE 1, the gate we are to enter the venue through. A copy of this map will be included in the rally packets.
View attachment 24552