2015 Bighorn 3585RL - Cracked Rim

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Well, we've traveled about 5,000 miles since leaving home on May 27th to attend the Pueblo Colorado Regional rally and the Alberta Chapter rally.

This morning I found out that what I thought was a slow leak in a tire was actually caused by a cracked rim. We put the spare on and went on our way.

We're currently in Oakdale WI, about 375 miles from Elkhart IN where we will visit for three days.

What would be the best place to go in Elkhart to get a replacement rim and have it installed?

Thanks, Bob

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since you're going to be in Elkhart, IN, why not contact Heartland direct and see if they can steer you in the right direction. Possible the crack is the result of a defect and they can put you in touch with the supplier to address it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Call Tredit. Lifetime warranty on rims.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What Dan said. They ship anywhere at no cost to you. Being close to them, they may let you come pick it up. 855-8-TREDIT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimmh012

We had the same issue on 2017 Cyclone, cracked in three places ... contacted Heartland they said contact Treadit, Treadit said contact Heartland, still going round and round, meanwhile we found ours on amazon for $80

danemayer

We had the same issue on 2017 Cyclone, cracked in three places ... contacted Heartland they said contact Treadit, Treadit said contact Heartland, still going round and round, meanwhile we found ours on amazon for $80

The only other time I think we've seen a post about Tredit refusing warranty coverage on a rim is when it was not the original owner. Do you know why they declined coverage for you?

Kimmh012

The only other time I think we've seen a post about Tredit refusing warranty coverage on a rim is when it was not the original owner. Do you know why they declined coverage for you?
Well, maybe because we are not the original owners, wish they told us that.

danemayer

Well, maybe because we are not the original owners, wish they told us that.

I guess they didn't want to come off as the bad guy. Unfortunately, in the RV industry, the general rule on trailers, appliances, and subsystems is that the original warranties don't transfer.

MCTalley

This morning I found out that what I thought was a slow leak in a tire was actually caused by a cracked rim.

Out of curiosity, what does the rim look like? Several of us 2015 Big Country owners have had a particular style rim replaced, many times more than one per rig. Might be the same rim.