2015 Cyclone 4200 - recommend tires?

Whiterice

Well I have also fallen victim to the Blowmax tires...one blew out and tore up the side and trim and now upon inspection two others are believed to have broken belts as they have crowned and look completely different than the others that "still look ok". Waiting on the damage estimate have contacted the manufacturer still waiting for that call back and my understanding is that they want me to send the tires to them for inspection..not sure if I should do that??? Have read a lot about the issues and was always careful checking pressure, not speeding, stored indoors since I bought it and only have maybe 3000 on this one year old unit.
Anyway does anyone know exactly what size tires that this rig should have? If I now have to go through the expense to replace 7 tires I want to buy the correct ones.

danemayer

Hi Whiterice,

Sorry about your damage. You might consider filing a report with NHTSA and making the failed tire(s) available to them for independent failure analysis. They can determine whether there is a manufacturing defect and take action as appropriate. If they don't find a defect, they may be able to shed light about the cause of failure that could still be helpful to you.

HornedToad

my understanding is that they want me to send the tires to them for inspection.. not sure if I should do that???

They sent me to Peerless Tire, a local tire shop that was one their distributors, for an inspection.

Search the forum for Sailun Tires, Goodyear G614s and 17.5 wheels & tires to answer your 2nd question.

BLHFUN

I purchased the 17.5 and went with the Continental Ht Eco. Load J. Rated at 125PSI and 75 MPH for my 4200. Trailers tires and wheels told me the good year G114 was indeed a very good tire, but not for triple axel trailers. The goodyear tires grip so well that you get more side wall stress in tight situations. The HT Eco's have a squared edge non steer tread to reduce side wall turn. I have about 8,000 miles on mine and they still look brand new. I highly recommend these tires.

scottyb

I changed my Towmax out for Michellin XPS Ribs and had excellent results for 17K mi. They are 80 PSI Commercial LT's with full steel casings.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
GY G614's or Sailun...either one will do. If you got the extra cash, the 17.5's are a good choice.

Whiterice

Appreciate the response trying to locate someone who carries these and the rims in Houston area...mine were 16" 235/80 so I'm looking at a big expense here.

avvidclif

If you decide on Sailuns order them from simpletire.com It took less than 48 hrs for them to arrive. Cost was around $175/tire, shipped.

HornedToad

Appreciate the response trying to locate someone who carries these and the rims in Houston area...mine were 16" 235/80 so I'm looking at a big expense here.

There is a distributor in Huntsville, Texas Made Trailer Parts, that advertises 17.5 tires & wheels at a great price on eBay... but I think they only carry steel rims.

If you want the nice matching aluminum 17.5 rims, it's probably best to order on line as they will be hard to find at a good price local. Several post about 17.5 tires on this forum have links to these on line vendors

I drove 100 miles to a sticks & bricks store in New Mexico to put on the Sailun S637 235/85/16s tires on my stock rims. I couldn't find a Sailun Tire dealer in Texas, but several in the Lone Star state have used simpletire.com as mentioned with good results.

jam20ster

Just purchased a 2016 4200 and mine came with the Sailun G rated tires. I looked at the invoice and it did not indicate it was an option. Either lucky me or they are putting G rated tires on the 2016's.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
HL is now equipping Toy Haulers (except Edge Xtreme Lite) with G rated tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michaeloh

Do you know the size on the the triple axle THs? I'm trying find a G rated tire for my 2014 cyclone 4018. I think the sailing S637 235/86R16 are not going to leave but about 3/8" clearance.

Jv75353

Do you know the size on the the triple axle THs? I'm trying find a G rated tire for my 2014 cyclone 4018. I think the sailing S637 235/86R16 are not going to leave but about 3/8" clearance.
The sailun S637 is .9" larger in diameter than the Blowmax's 235/80R16. If your clearance would be reduced to .375" than your clearance with the Blowmax's would have to be about 1.3" which seems really close. The clearance is simply the current spacing minus the new tires diameter size difference from your current tire. Only half of the diameter increase affects each tire.

I purchased the 17.5 and went with the Continental Ht Eco. Load J. Rated at 125PSI and 75 MPH for my 4200. Trailers tires and wheels told me the good year G114 was indeed a very good tire, but not for triple axel trailers. The goodyear tires grip so well that you get more side wall stress in tight situations. The HT Eco's have a squared edge non steer tread to reduce side wall turn. I have about 8,000 miles on mine and they still look brand new. I highly recommend these tires.
BLHFUN, would you mind posting contact info for the tire shop you used. I may need them soon. Thanks.